Latest Project Car - Pontiac Trans-Am

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by MidnightOil, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Had some spare time and did this: 2854566203_da0a89de0d_o.jpg

Enjoy
    Fred B

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Nice Fred

Looks really good and the b/g is a god match!

Best wishes

Ray

3. Nice job Fred .... tell me how you got the reflection please ........

Best,

4. Reflections

Ray & Bob thanx.

The reflections? Wish I knew a better way! Flood only matches up with one wheel/tire and never looks quite right to me.

So here goes - Dup image layer – Transform flip vertically – Transform Warp, just warp the image till the tires touch the original image, this will look terrible, but the next step takes care of it, use motion blur, use your judgment enough to hide the twisted car, but still see the bright parts. Then I reduce the opacity to make it look good and let some of the background show through.

That’s about it. You can take it further by adding a wave filter or zig-zag.

If you have or find a better way let me know.

Enjoy
    Fred B

5. Reflections

Ray & Bob thanx.

The reflections? Wish I knew a better way! Flood only matches up with one wheel/tire and never looks quite right to me.

So here goes - Dup image layer – Transform flip vertically – Transform Warp, just warp the image till the tires touch the original image, this will look terrible, but the next step takes care of it, use motion blur, use your judgment enough to hide the twisted car, but still see the bright parts. Then I reduce the opacity to make it look good and let some of the background show through.

That’s about it. You can take it further by adding a wave filter or zig-zag.

If you have or find a better way let me know.

Enjoy
    Fred B