Latest Update

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jfenton, Apr 21, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Well...now that Nikon has learned of the Fenton Syndrome, nobody will return my calls and I'm doomed to deal with the folks on the regulate 800 number service line.

I find it interesting that after my repair of 1 1/2 weeks ago that it was declared functioning correctly and now the latest repair is ranked as a Category C..Major Repair / Major Components Replaced. When they replaced the metering system and shutter in my D2H, that was only a category B repair.

I can only assume that Nikon has either figured this out or they're simply replacing everything in the focus mechanism and they're gonna let me try it once again.

I'm actually getting nervous about getting it back and not having it work correctly still. You folks may need to hold me down :)

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Any word from Ron on this?

Frank

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Frank

Ron's was supposed to come back yesterday morning and the second he received it, he was going to head to San Diego for a weekend session.

He'll be shooting it at the session (3-day session) and said that he'd check in with me on Monday when he returns.

4. Well hopefully when they are done, you will have a perfect, totally custom, hand made D2x.

5. Or maybe it's both? They figured it out, and the fix is to replace the entire focus mechanism... I sure hope that's not the case, but I suppose it's possible.

All I can say is I sure hope I don't have to go back and forth with them the way you have when mine goes in!

Thanks for being a trailblazer, Jim. :)

6. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Stay tuned for Fenton Syndrome 2, the sequel. Watch fellow cafe members hold Jim down!

Sorry Jim. I just can't help myself. ;-)

I'm betting it's going to work like a charm.

Tom

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Tweber..

I know you're just having some fun...

SCHMUCK (stated affectionately of course)

:)

8. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Re: Tweber..

Maybe affectionately of course, but it is a vulgarism for p*nis, strong curse for a jerk :)