Latest Update

Well...now that Nikon has learned of the Fenton Syndrome, nobody will return my calls and I'm doomed to deal with the folks on the regulate 800 number service line.

I find it interesting that after my repair of 1 1/2 weeks ago that it was declared functioning correctly and now the latest repair is ranked as a Category C..Major Repair / Major Components Replaced. When they replaced the metering system and shutter in my D2H, that was only a category B repair.

I can only assume that Nikon has either figured this out or they're simply replacing everything in the focus mechanism and they're gonna let me try it once again.

I'm actually getting nervous about getting it back and not having it work correctly still. You folks may need to hold me down :)

Frank

Ron's was supposed to come back yesterday morning and the second he received it, he was going to head to San Diego for a weekend session.

He'll be shooting it at the session (3-day session) and said that he'd check in with me on Monday when he returns.

jfenton said:
... I can only assume that Nikon has either figured this out or they're simply replacing everything in the focus mechanism and they're gonna let me try it once again.
Or maybe it's both? They figured it out, and the fix is to replace the entire focus mechanism... I sure hope that's not the case, but I suppose it's possible.

All I can say is I sure hope I don't have to go back and forth with them the way you have when mine goes in!

Thanks for being a trailblazer, Jim. :)

jfenton said:
Well...now that Nikon has learned of the Fenton Syndrome, nobody will return my calls and I'm doomed to deal with the folks on the regulate 800 number service line.

I'm actually getting nervous about getting it back and not having it work correctly still. You folks may need to hold me down :)
Stay tuned for Fenton Syndrome 2, the sequel. Watch fellow cafe members hold Jim down!

Sorry Jim. I just can't help myself. ;-)

I'm betting it's going to work like a charm.

Tom

Re: Tweber..

jfenton said:
I know you're just having some fun...

SCHMUCK (stated affectionately of course)

:)
Maybe affectionately of course, but it is a vulgarism for p*nis, strong curse for a jerk :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom