1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Latin Dance

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Aug 3, 2008.

1. I had the pleasure of being the event photographer for a Latin Dance show last night. I'm in the process of preparing the gallery, but needed a break after I came across these shots.

View attachment 233717

View attachment 233718

More to come.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2008
  2. i like that one a lot, frank
    nice of you to stop and show it to us

i hope that there will be many more for us to enjoy as well

3. Thanks, Greg. Lots more to come.

4. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    I really like the last two a lot. The composition is so balanced, and The B n W looks fantastic, great job!

5. I like the black & white images. They really work with the subjects. The first one, um, just doesn't work as well in my opinion. Only my opinion though.....

6. awesome, Frank
    we are BIG FANS OF DANCE in the Savel home...
    i'm happy to see the added images
    we enjoyed these VERY MUCH

7. Love the black and white images Frank. Looks like fun.

8. That last one speaks to the talent of the dancers and the photographer. Nicely done!

9. Thanks for all of the kind comments! Here's some more about the show.

It was a fundraiser for an after-school ballroom dance program created by Adrian Flores, who owns a local studio. The performances featured both professional and amateur dance enthusiasts, including some very young dancers.

Here's a sampling of the professionals. The amateurs are on the next page.

View attachment 233720

View attachment 233721

View attachment 233722

View attachment 233723

View attachment 233724

View attachment 233725

View attachment 233726

10. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    All I can say is WOW!

Great work as always Frank.

11. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
    I'm wondering how the young man with the untied shoe finished his routine.
    Fast action + stage lighting = tough. Add deep group shots to the mix = way tough
    Super work.
    David

12. Thanks for the kudos, and for the camera, Miguel! These were taken with your old d200. I leave the battery grip on it, and use it for serious stuff.

But one of these days, if I come into some cash, I may trade it in for a d3 or d700. Now that it's been refurbished by Nikon, I'll keep my old d200 as the backup.

13. He did just fine, David. Here he is doing his solo. Maybe the lace slapping against his shoe helped him keep rhythm. :rolleyes: 

And super fun :biggrin:. I just heard back from the show's producer, and he loved the gallery, so I guess my unpaid job is safe for another year.

14. great shots, frank
    a few of those pros look very familiar to me
    and..... those kids in the amateur section... i'm pretty sure i've seen at least that girl before

these are superb
    as i mentioned above.... the Savels are BIG DANCE FANS
    this thread is fantastic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.