1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

launch of new photo blog - B&W inside too

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by menos, Aug 7, 2009.

1. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    I launched my new photo blog.
    I concentrate on pure photos without text, explanations, data or usage of tools.
    The website is as basic, as it gets (or iWeb allows me, to do it).

A nice side effect will be it's very easy nature of maintainance and more regular uploads.

I am interested in comments :smile:

I use at the moment mainly my Ricoh GRDII for B&W and shoot the occasional roll of BW negative film with my FM3a.

Here is the link to the blog.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  2. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    I liked the format and the pictures, but the little piece of tape is a bit distracting on some shots (like the carpet one).

(y)

3. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    Thanks for the comment Tormod.

I thaught about the tape thing too, but found, that this is really the only template, that gives me still a real "stick a photo on a wall effect".

All other framings, despite nice looking, deviate from this idea.

I overhauled the site again and made some fine tuning (including disabling the slideshow, RRS feed and the standard pagination).

I want this site as puristic, as it gets (having an old style monitor colour and letter type as well).

I might experiment with a background picture with the same tone but added finger prints/ smudges - but that is very down in my priority list, having some other work to do on the main site (not completed Le Mans page, no blogging since June, more galleries, final concentrating and slimming down of the main site, …).

After all, I like spending my time with shooting the most and not website building (thats why I use iWeb and not Dreamweaver + hand coding ;-) )

As I experiment with B&W atm (might get my scanner finally up and running, when I find some glass holders for it), there might more to come on this slim photo site.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.