Laura & Tara

Discussion in 'People' started by Ottrott's Human, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    One more of each....

Tara:
    761315057_fce20a94b2_o.

Laura:
    755527645_3467ab9f89_o.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2007
  2. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    They're both great, but I really love the first one.. incredible... love the lighting and the reflection in the sun glasses

3. :)

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well Stu, don't hate me for this, but it appears Tara has aged about 20 yrs in this shot. She looks so much older than I know she is, and the pics you've previously presented of her. Now, Laura's pic is cool and has an interesting perspective going for it. I'd buy whatever she's selling! :tongue:

5. Stu, these are fabulous...the second is my favorite...what a beautiful shot (and a pretty OK model :wink:).

6. Stuart,
    These are no good. They both have an octobox reflection in the lenses.:biggrin:

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    #1 is beautiful, though the R/S of Tara's face looks overexposed to me - I'm on my company laptop, so that could be the reason.

#2 is beautiful - I love the light, dare I say the placement of your light, and the pop of the red lipstick. Laura is stunning as usual.

8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Thanks...welcome to the Café!

:) Back atcha........

Hate you? Actually I'm pleased that you noticed. No blur layer and more sharpening for an intentionally harder edged look. Of course, just because it was intentional doesn't mean you have to like it! LOL......:biggrin:
    Thanks Steve!:smile:

Thanks John....yeah.....Laura's *okay*!:biggrin:

:biggrin:
    All kidding aside the reflection on the shot of Laura actually exemplifies what at least one of the detractors of the original shots was talking about. This shot is a much better example of the look I was going for. Notice how the Octabox is only about half visible and at the edge of the glasses....also how the shape of the octa more-or-less follows the shape of the glasses. The reflection was better executed here.

Thanks Mitch!

Fred, What you are seeing as overexposure is my use of a touch of diffused glow filter. I couldn't decide whether to use it or not for this very reason. In the end I left it, but I'm undecided as to whether or not it was the right decision.

See my response to Mitch regarding the placement of the octa reflection in the Laura pic.:biggrin:

Thanks!

9. #1 certainly have its own look, and she really does look older(and not in a bad way)

As for the reflection, what can i say ? its by far your best work to date-:biggrin::biggrin:

#2 is nice aswell. Not much diffrent from the original shots though.

What really captured me was the first shot that looks more like a personal portrait that will last a life time.

10. Everyone needs to print that paragraph out and stick it on their refrigerator... This is how a mature, self confident individual lifts themselves above the bickering and draws improvement from a strong (if not unarticulated) argument.

11. Agreed!

Tara, for all her earthy sensuality, is an extremely difficult model to work with and this treatment suits here very well, although I find myself longing for some gloss on her lips.