LAX shot

This is one of my son playing in a LAX game this week. Processed to make a neat computer background on my Mac :)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dave -

Nice capture and I like the border concept. Lacrosse is a great sport that my 8th grade son is also involved with. I'm sure your son will like this photo hanging in his room.

The photo has a lot of contrast. The green is very dark, even though the white jersey looks white. Overall, the photo just looks dark to me. I would consider trying to lighten up the dark areas.l

Thanks Pete, not really asking for a critique here per say as the finished shot looks totally different than this file that was purposely processed with a photoshop plugin to get this exact look and treatment...
It was desaturated deliberately for a grunge effect that my son wanted. I also processed it normally as well. Thanks for the input...
Dave

Great shot! I assume the boy shooting is your son?

Lax is the perfect game for young boys and men where you can run around with a stick, hit people as hard as you want, and shoot a steel-centered hard-rubber ball at the opponents' goalie at breakneck velocities! Can't beat it!

Great shot! I assume the boy shooting is your son?

Lax is the perfect game for young boys and men where you can run around with a stick, hit people as hard as you want, and shoot a steel-centered hard-rubber ball at the opponents' goalie at breakneck velocities! Can't beat it!
Thanks,
Yes my son is the shooter :) He gave up baseball for Lax 3 years ago after playing baseball forever it seemed. He's pretty into it now and it works better with his other sports(football and hoops) for conditioning. He got a little bored with baseball in that it didn't move fast enough for him. I'm still learning it myself(rules ect...) as it was not one I played myself like the other two...

Dave

Sounds good. I thought it had a processed look to it, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.
NP, here is the same shot before it was altered by the plug-in... More traditional...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom