Lax-War at the Shore

Went out Sat and today to see some big boy lax and what a good time it was. The results aren't that great but still a good time was had by all. Your criticism appreciated:

No. 1
344260043_aAbKc-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

No. 2
344260052_cpenp-L.jpg

No. 3
344260074_vcapa-L.jpg

No. 4
344260118_f9ZMH-L.jpg

No. 5
344466542_hrsbm-L.jpg

No. 6
344466598_6J76f-L.jpg

No. 7
344466738_D7CSP-L.jpg

No. 8
344466760_WFdFL-L.jpg

No. 9
344364361_Aghic-L.jpg

No. 10- and one for my man Mark

Nicely done Brooks. Shooting LAX I'm sure isn't easy, since tying to get under those helmets is almost impossible. You did well, thanks for sharing.

Nice job. My only thing that I see is that some are miss focused. You focused on the player, but on their mid-section. The face, most important part, is not completely in focus. Other than that, nice captures.

These look good Brooks, although the second one has a bit of motion blur. I like the action that you caught and the crops are nice and tight.

Brooks very nice set of images. Focus looks good to me. Hopefully you'll be updating your SS page to show the community your shots.

Looks good Brooks. A great job of caputuring the eyes which isn't easy with helmets for sure. Great colors and action here.

Nicely done Brooks. Shooting LAX I'm sure isn't easy, since tying to get under those helmets is almost impossible. You did well, thanks for sharing.
Thanx, It is the most difficult sport I have ever shot, it is so fast and the ball so small, but what a great entertainment

Wow Brooks. I'd be thrilled to have pics this nice.
Joe
Thanx and you can, just go out and do it, I did it was awesome.

Nice job. My only thing that I see is that some are miss focused. You focused on the player, but on their mid-section. The face, most important part, is not completely in focus. Other than that, nice captures.
Yup that is a miss there but not so bad as to be overly objectionable. The focus point is on the head but the lens wasn't fast enough to lock on when I fired the shutter. Have to work on that anticipation part some more

These look good Brooks, although the second one has a bit of motion blur. I like the action that you caught and the crops are nice and tight.
Thanx Frank, not to bad a blur but the action makes up for the imperfection I think. Cant be MM first time out, maybe next time.

A very nice series I think the focus is good on these and some nice peak action. I miss shooting LAX it is by far my favorite
Thanx Mike, I think I it may be my new favorite sport, what a game that is. I did learn one very important lesson about positioning and that is do not shoot from behind goal! the bruise on my hip will remind me for some time to come.
icon10.gif

Brooks very nice set of images. Focus looks good to me. Hopefully you'll be updating your SS page to show the community your shots.
Thanx Geoff, some new stuff on there tonite.

Looks good Brooks. A great job of caputuring the eyes which isn't easy with helmets for sure. Great colors and action here.
Thanx, those helmets and especially the bars are a real image killer especially when they block the eyes.

very nice pictures
i think that these came out great
thanks for sharing them with us
Thanx, it was a fun day to boot

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom