Lax-War at the Shore

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bvonarx, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Went out Sat and today to see some big boy lax and what a good time it was. The results aren't that great but still a good time was had by all. Your criticism appreciated:

No. 1
    [​IMG]

No. 2
    [​IMG]

No. 3
    [​IMG]

No. 4
    [​IMG]

No. 5
    [​IMG]
    No. 6
    [​IMG]
    No. 7
    [​IMG]

No. 8
    [​IMG]
    No. 9
    [​IMG]

No. 10- and one for my man Mark
    [​IMG]

2. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Nicely done Brooks. Shooting LAX I'm sure isn't easy, since tying to get under those helmets is almost impossible. You did well, thanks for sharing.

3. Wow Brooks. I'd be thrilled to have pics this nice.

Joe

4. Nice job. My only thing that I see is that some are miss focused. You focused on the player, but on their mid-section. The face, most important part, is not completely in focus. Other than that, nice captures.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These look good Brooks, although the second one has a bit of motion blur. I like the action that you caught and the crops are nice and tight.

6. A very nice series I think the focus is good on these and some nice peak action. I miss shooting LAX it is by far my favorite

7. Brooks very nice set of images. Focus looks good to me. Hopefully you'll be updating your SS page to show the community your shots.

8. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Looks good Brooks. A great job of caputuring the eyes which isn't easy with helmets for sure. Great colors and action here.

9. very nice pictures
    i think that these came out great

thanks for sharing them with us

10. Thanx, It is the most difficult sport I have ever shot, it is so fast and the ball so small, but what a great entertainment

Thanx and you can, just go out and do it, I did it was awesome.

Yup that is a miss there but not so bad as to be overly objectionable. The focus point is on the head but the lens wasn't fast enough to lock on when I fired the shutter. Have to work on that anticipation part some more

Thanx Frank, not to bad a blur but the action makes up for the imperfection I think. Cant be MM first time out, maybe next time.

Thanx Mike, I think I it may be my new favorite sport, what a game that is. I did learn one very important lesson about positioning and that is do not shoot from behind goal! the bruise on my hip will remind me for some time to come.[​IMG]

Thanx Geoff, some new stuff on there tonite.

Thanx, those helmets and especially the bars are a real image killer especially when they block the eyes.

Thanx, it was a fun day to boot

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  11. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    look like you are getting the hang of lax and your 300/2.8. It's definitely a contact sport.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.