Layout opinion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by panda81, Jul 9, 2008.

1. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    I want to print and frame these pictures for my friends who just had their first baby recently. I bought a wide, rectangular white frame with three openings for photos. The opening in the middle fits an 8x10, and the two side openings fit 5x7.

These are the photos I want to insert, in order of left to right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My question is, does it look strange/out of place for the middle picture to be color, but the two side pictures to be black/white? I edited the two side pictures as black/white because I'm not quite capable of PP'ing it to have colors that are pleasing to me.

Thanks for the input!

2. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

I think it will compliment it since you are putting it in a white frame. The attention will be focused on the center photo with it being in color.

3. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

PS- I would reverse the bottom photo vertically so she is facing the outside of the frame in a similar manner as the left photo. Notice his back will be to the 8 by 10 so her back should also be to to 8 by 10...imo

4. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    I would prefer both with the back to the photo too.. but she has writing on her shirt. I think in this instance, it makes sense to reverse the dad vertically instead