1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Layout opinion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by panda81, Jul 9, 2008.

1. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    I want to print and frame these pictures for my friends who just had their first baby recently. I bought a wide, rectangular white frame with three openings for photos. The opening in the middle fits an 8x10, and the two side openings fit 5x7.

These are the photos I want to insert, in order of left to right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My question is, does it look strange/out of place for the middle picture to be color, but the two side pictures to be black/white? I edited the two side pictures as black/white because I'm not quite capable of PP'ing it to have colors that are pleasing to me.

Thanks for the input!

2. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

I think it will compliment it since you are putting it in a white frame. The attention will be focused on the center photo with it being in color.

3. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

PS- I would reverse the bottom photo vertically so she is facing the outside of the frame in a similar manner as the left photo. Notice his back will be to the 8 by 10 so her back should also be to to 8 by 10...imo

4. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    I would prefer both with the back to the photo too.. but she has writing on her shirt. I think in this instance, it makes sense to reverse the dad vertically instead

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.