Lazy. A Cautionary Tale.

Real Name
Steve
I'll be the first to say I get lazy shooting sometimes. I'll spend a day shooting in the Wetlands locally and post jpgs. 5 minutes in Photoshop and onto Facebook for my friends, who are not photographers (for the most part) to see. For the past couple of weeks, nothing was looking the way I expected. Of course, it HAD to be the camera's fault. I paid to go on a trip to photograph owls... nothing really suited me. Damn camera. Trip to Orlando Wetlands Park? Nothing. What has Nikon done to their cameras!?!

Nothing except make them better. ...and highlight my laziness.

Today, I took Z7 and 200-500 to Wetlands with tony-b. I shot RAW and used a monopod. I ran files relatively quickly through Lightroom. Yep, you guessed it. Photos are fine. This three-week funk was entirely due to my being lazy. Respect the process and the gear, you get the results you expect. Lesson learned.

(Activity there is still really low, so our opportunities were very limited, hence an ibis and a seated GBH.)

SRH_5159b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SRH_5280b.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Steve
After realizing I was taking too many shortcuts to get images processed and posted AND being generally unhappy with the results from my trip with tony-b to photograph owls a few weeks ago, I decided to revisit one RAW file to see if I'd be happy with the images properly processed from RAW. I have to say I am pleased with the results from RAW.

SRH_3590b.jpg

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom