LCD magnifier or HDMI field monitor?

if i were to get serious about the video i'd go with field monitor for ease of use and not always having to have my eye on the eyepiece. most of the field monitors also have anti-glare...

if i were to get serious about the video i'd go with field monitor for ease of use and not always having to have my eye on the eyepiece. most of the field monitors also have anti-glare...

My friend shot a couple of outdoor yoga videos last year and said he had a heck of a time with glare on the field monitor and said he dragged a big monitor out to check the fine-focus. I don't know if he thought a hood would help or not.

I think I'm going with a finder, hard choice for now.

I can't figure out if the current finder offerings will likely work on the dslrs of tomorrow - here's hoping!

Sean

Well, the fact that I'm limited in funds, its going to be the Hoodman Cinema. I'm hoping it and my Rode will get me to where I want to be. One thing, with the Rode turn your D7000 to the lowest mic setting, the Rode realy lays down a signal even on the nutral setting.

I logged on to ask this same qestion. I have been looking at the new Sony CLM-V55 monitor and was wondering it anyone has used it. It comes with a sunshade to help with the glare. Just a little more than the Z-finder.

Any thoughts?

I say buy a cheap hood, no extra power required, D7000 screen is very sharp as is. I think the zacuto is expensive, too expensive, granted it is gorgeous. I've read good things about the Genus EVF and it is about 80 bucks. I'm buying one of them soon, have to buy a 60D first though :X SHHH don't tell anyone, it'll have Nikon glass on it still

I picked up a Hoodman Hoodloupe 3 and the Cinema Strap and put them to use at the rodeo on Saturday and I can't get it returned quick enough.

The strap (over-priced rubber bands) would keep the Hoodloupe in place only of you did not move around. I was shooting in the areana and then would turn around to shot outside of the areana and the loupe would move out of place, over and over again.

The 2nd issue I had is with the built-in diopter. I wear glasses and no matter how much I adjusted it, I could not get a clear view while looking at the LCD.

After fighting this more about 30 minutes, I put it away and just used my D700 to capture the rest of the event.

Next on the list to get a field monitor and see how the results are with it.

Wiz:

That's why I'm looking at the cine Pro with the attachment for the hot shoe. It looks like there is not a good solution south of $300:(

The inability to focus with glasses might be the deal killer for me.

Wiz: that loupe is awful from everything I've read, your review included. I've used cheap loupes and expensive loupes, they seem to work very well on all cameras I've tried them on. LCDVF is another one to try, using it on my buddy's 5Dii and it is working well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom