1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Le Tour de France on Les Champs Élysées...

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Candidcameraman, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Well well well... Next time ... I'll watch it on T.V. real cool to be there but man oh man ... I waited almost three hours to see very little - but real nice since they go by 7 times.

A once in a lifetime experience - maybe twice... I like crowds. Needless to say - I never saw so many Nikon DSLR... Very few Canon consumer DSLR but thousands of Nikon with all kinds of lenses, Tamron, Sigma, Tokina, one guy had a D3 and a Sigma on it... A few D300 with 28-70/2.8

Inspector Clouseau was there...

_D3A3847.

And a few more pictures from today...

View attachment 227717

View attachment 227718

View attachment 227719

View attachment 227720

View attachment 227721

View attachment 227722

View attachment 227723

View attachment 227724

View attachment 227725

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  2. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    priceless

Your first photo is PRICELESS! Finger at the ready too!

3. Splendid Patrick! Thanks, I recorded the last stage and just finished it. Wow what a finale! I wondered about what being there must have been like. For days I watched the stages with the cheering crowds which made it very exciting. When you think about it though, it all is over with in less than a minute (or several more if the lead is enough ahead of the peloton) after the hours of preparation. And how about those crazy fans who climb to the top of the peaks? Days of preparation and it's over in the blink of an eye.

4. Thank you

Thank you Rich... Being there is like being at the U.N. - there are some many people from so many different country, there were people from Luxembourg on the left of me as well from Finland - those flags blocked my lens each and every time... Augh! But what can you do... There were people from Japan and Germany on my right as well as a couple of Americans and a French family

A few more pics

_D3A3841.

View attachment 227727

View attachment 227728

View attachment 227729

5. #1 and #3 of your first set are Fabulous, Dude! Excellent pics all around.

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Great series. It's such an exciting sport. What's the story about the guy in #1? and the guys on the motorcycle sidecars?

7. Thank you :smile:

Thank you, the guy in number 1 and the Motorcycle sidecars were part of the parade an hour before the cyclist got to The Champs Élysées.

8. Outstanding pics, that really must have been a blast to be there, esp on such a beautiful day.

What did you shoot? It looks like your D3?

9. Thank you Chris, it was fun and yes I used the D3 but then again I only use the D3 - I am very satisfied with the images I get with it :smile:

10. patrick,
    great images
    how lucky of us to get to go along with you, once again

thanks

11. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Wonderful images. Watching a tour stage live would be so cool.

12. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Wow... those are great.. Tack Sharp!
    No maillot jaune?

We got to see the tour in 2004. Lots of waiting... but I managed this shot with my p&s... You can barely see my son's head on the left.

[​IMG]

13. thats awesome!! I one day, would love to be in France during the tour

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.