Leapord on a Mini

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by GBRandy, Sep 24, 2008.

1. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Anyone running leopard on a Mac mini? I upgraded my Mac pro awhile back, but my daughters mini has the old OS on it.

Can the mini handle the Leopard interface OS?

2. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    It should.. you might want to max out the RAM.

I am running Leopard on my 12" G4 Powerbook with 1.25 GB

It's no slouch.

3. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    It has the 1.8 Ghz Intel and a 1GB of RAM so I think it can handle it....but not 100% certain what it may do to speed.

4. BobW

BobW

Mar 10, 2008
    Illinois
    I just ordered a mini tonight. It is coming with 10.5 Leapord on it so it should handle it. I will let you know in a few days.

Bob

5. Wileec

Wileec Guest

As long as it is an Intel, It should handle Leopard just fine, but I would max out the RAM - those systems can handle either 2 or 3 GB and RAM is the cheapest it has been in a few years. If you aren't comfortable getting into it, you should have a tech do it. It's not hard, but there are some delicate bits one has to take apart to upgrade the RAM on the Intel Minis.

www.macsales.com is a good source for RAM and other Mac goodies.

6. ChrisA

ChrisA Guest

I've got Leopard on a 1.2Ghz G4 Mini with 1Gb RAM. It runs fine for email and web stuff and even some lite photo editing of jpg files using iPhoto. Any modern Intel based dual core Mini would run circles around the G4. The old "core solo" Intel Mini is about the same speed as a G4.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.