Learned something new about my Windows laptop touchpad

Recently bought a super cheap used chromebook for my workshop PC/bluetooth stereo driver and got to liking the 'two finger' scroll scheme on its touchpad.

Turns out it can be set up on my Windows laptop as well. Settings...Devices...Touchpad...Advanced

So much easier than moving the cursor over to the right hand and picking up the scroll bar in order to scroll. That's the way I've done it for the past five years, ouch.

Morty I use a trackball. Mice are a pain, constantly lifting and re-adjusting and driving it all over a desk is infuriating. Not a fan of trackpads either. Trackball is the way to go for sure.

I remember years ago when I ran a large control center with 60 seats and over 300 screens. I bought 60 nice trackballs for the operators. Maybe a half dozen stayed with them, the others went back to wireless mice (which required special ones so that they would not interfere with each other).

These guys were doing lots of control functions and screen switching/monitoring. No doubt trackballs work best in other applications.

Maybe I'll dig one out of attic memorabilia and see what it feels like.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
My portable Logitech mouse is 2" x 1 3/4" and weighs about an ounce. Love it. It takes very little movement to move the cursor all over the screen.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom