1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Learning LAB

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by the_traveler, Mar 29, 2007.

1. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    Using Lab Color from Dan Margulis' book and having a trivial technical issue.
    When he marks color reference points on a photo, on the info palette the values of these points appear and remain below the two normal color readouts.

I can insert the points on the pix but the data only appears transiently on the two intial sets above.
    I can't figure out (or remember if I ever knew) how to make these four sets appear.

Help appreciated.

palettefg6.

2. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Lew,

Do you mean pressing "i" to select Eyedropper tool and then Shift-mouse clicking to add anchor points to info palette? Shift-mouse drag to move points, Alt-Shift-mouse click to delete?

3. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    I can add the points but the numbers don't show

4. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Can you please post a screenshot? Do you have "colour samples" disabled in the info palette by chance? Press that small triangle in the upper right corner of the palette to check.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.