Learning to use

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by DianeR, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Painter Essentials and came up with this rendition of a dramatic sunset with storm clouds. It's a fun program for those of us who are not "artists" in the paint medium. I generally don't "cross-post" in other forums and have posted this in another forum but I haven't been here in a while and it's still one of my favorite spots to check in to! :smile:

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Diane

This has an incredible feel and atmosphere to it....it looks like one of the old impressionist masters.....hope I got that right (but I know what I mean)

Hang on....this is easier.....

It is beautiful!!!!!!!

I really like this a lot....

Excellent

best wishes

Ray

3. Thanks Ray - glad you like it. :smile:

4. Very powerful imagine ....... nice job.

5. Very nice rendition Diane thanks for sharing.

6. this is WONDERFUL! Makes me want to give it a try. good to "see" you

7. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Lovely warm and mysterious image Diane! This image really makes me want to pick up a brush and paint with oilson a canvas. It looks so real and I guess that's because of the brushes you've used. Excellent!!!

8. Very nice image! Just out of curiosity can you show us the original photographic image?

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Diane
    Super work

10. Hi, Dan - here's the original

11. Thank you very much. :)

Hi, Gordon - thanks.

Hey Dave - do give it a try. PE is not as expensive as Painter - similar situation like Photoshop Elements and Photoshop. :smile:

Thanks for your comments Robert - I've posted the original and really enjoyed working on this.

Hey Gale! This was a lot of fun to work with and like how the brush effects turned out. :)

12. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Diane, this is wonderful. I really like your painting, but must say I'm really drawn to this shot!! It's wonderful how the sun appears to be flaming right out of the clouds, and the deep red below it and just above the land is fab. Nice lustre on the water too. The two, framed separately would make a great addition to your hanging art collection!!