Least Bitterns

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Allan, Jul 23, 2007.

1. These were shot early Saturday morning at Plum Island. There have been more least bittern in the area than usual. This female was quite cooperative, coming closer than males and juveniles as it hunted for its breakfast. Jim Fenton and I were two of several photographers there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Beautiful shots and colors.

3. Beautiful captures Allan. Great images.

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    I love these, especially the first one. I'm a big fan of images with a little habitat in them and these are very nice.

5. Thanks. I like habitat shots too. In this situation I watched the bittern looking for its meals, searching and pouncing.

6. i too like the first shot. great composition. i am new to photograph an hope i can find some places near by get some local birds. very sharp eye. david

7. DNAsiRNA

DNAsiRNA

Nov 27, 2006
    Dallas, USA
    Love the first one, too. Well done.

8. WOW, talk about vivid colors! Wonderful job!

9. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I would frame the first image! Your color saturation, detail, and focus are in a word - perfect!!

10. Thanks for the comments. I like the second and third more probably because I spent time watching her catch food and these show action, but I think the first one might look best framed. (Does that make sense?)