Least expensive price I've seen the D700 selling for

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Phillip Ino, Sep 24, 2008.

1. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    $2,450 from Adorama through Microsoft Live Cash Back. I bought one for $2,450 After that the price fluctuated up and down. Check the cost daily.

2. Because Cameta seems to use its own checkout, does this item not qualify for the 8% Live Cashback (which would be capped at $200)?

3. Cameta is legit, I've bought from them before. Since they're selling through auction, they can skirt around retail prices.

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Ooooh Adorama. I would only buy from Adorama for items $40 or less.

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Oops. I bought the 16GB Extreme IV CF for the D700 from Adorama. It was J&R that sold the D700 for $2,450. They delivered it in a sealed box with 0 clicks in 3 days. Adorama came through O.K. with the Extreme IV card with a 3 day delivery, too.

6. NYTINCUP

NYTINCUP

Sep 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    gadgetguy, I saw Microsoft Live had the D700 from J&R with 6% back today. So does this change daily? Have you been following for a while? Have you used this "service" in past and collected? I took a look at their 'Terms and Conditions' and it seems as though this is meant to be a PAID service. If not now, possibly in future.. They also state that when their 'offered trials expire accounts will automatically be converted into pay accounts and billed accordingly' and a bunch of other loosely worded thangs..

Are you sure?

Thanks!

7. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Sadly when i buy my d700 in a week or two i will be over paying at a local dealer since i wanna support local businesses, i know thats not with the times. Oh and when i say over pay it will be 2,850 which is 50 less than bh so thats fine with me.

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

as i recall that was $2549 delivered from J&R
    :eek:

9. Well about the best you can do at J&R now is $2820.

10. I like to support local businesses too, but it's hard to pass up a good price online, especially when that extra couple hundred can be used for other accessories. It sucks, but it's hard when online prices are so competitive.

11. jmark

jmark

Feb 6, 2007
    Greer, SC
    Amazon has it for $2794.....

12. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Beach Camera has it for $2699 less 2% if you go through Live Search. + Free shipping and 4GB CF card. Nikon USA warranty, authorized dealer.

13. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Well i will be buying a d700 a d90 a 14-24 a mb d10 and a few other things and trading in my d200 so i am sure i will get some extra money off.

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

call your local camera shops, u would be surprised! the PRICE-WARS have started!

15. pisces59

pisces59

May 23, 2008
    Philippines
    How long ago was that price, it's $2,686 from Adorama with Cashback?

16. I rarely buy locally, i dont feel like lending the goverment money :) So i buy most my gear in the UK tax free and have UPS shipping it overnight.

Now the prices in the EU doesnt seem to fluctuate as much as in the states, pretty steady prices and pretty much the same everywhere.

If i was to buy a D700 id pay 2691 USD with overnight shipping.

17. broadway photo has them for $2128.

18. Better pass on that one.

Reseller Ratings (link) rates them 0/10.

19. wow that sucks. they have a nice 2 page add in the latest issue of outdoor photographer. they seemed legit. good thing there closed for there holiday or i would of ordered from them.