Least Skipper under perfect conditions

This morning started perfect and proceeded to get better as it went along.
Loved the light, the dew, everything

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PGB

Dave,

Very nice. Can you elaborate on your shot details?

Thanks,

Thank you all for the comments. I drove 400 miles round trip to get more shots of these in a mountain meadow in west virginia.
It was about 7am, D2X, 200mm F4 micro, Nikon A2 filter, Nikon 5T close up lense, RRS focus rail with everyting on a Gitzo 1348 tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead, me laying on my belly in the damp grass. Sun was coming up behind me.

Thank you all for the comments. I drove 400 miles round trip to get more shots of these in a mountain meadow in west virginia.
It was about 7am, D2X, 200mm F4 micro, Nikon A2 filter, Nikon 5T close up lense, RRS focus rail with everyting on a Gitzo 1348 tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead, me laying on my belly in the damp grass. Sun was coming up behind me. F/8 1/160 sec, no flash or other adjustments in camera except sharpening set to high.

Dave,

This image is especially nice. You really work magic with that 200mm. I am interested in your focus rail. I was considering a few after reading an article on their attributes. Your imagery confirms the benefits. Thanks for sharing.

Gilles and Crystall,
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy posting images because of the subsequent interraction. I also enjoy exploring the catagories and viewing images and adding my comments. this is really a great site and I feel very at home here.
The focus rail is Really right stuff model B2-FAB.

Dave!! Excellent shot. ;-)

I will have to admit that the thought of you lying on your belly in the wet grass is almost as pleasing as the results, but not quite. :lol:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom