Least Skipper under perfect conditions

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dmwphoto, Jul 10, 2005.

1. This morning started perfect and proceeded to get better as it went along.
    Loved the light, the dew, everything

[​IMG]

2. Hi Dave, I really like this shot! The dew drops on his wing edges and the curly-q antenna is too cool! Very nice!

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Dave,

Very nice. Can you elaborate on your shot details?

Thanks,

4. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Simply marvelous shot, Dave. That curley cue is his tongue!
    Jerry Snider

5. Thank you all for the comments. I drove 400 miles round trip to get more shots of these in a mountain meadow in west virginia.
    It was about 7am, D2X, 200mm F4 micro, Nikon A2 filter, Nikon 5T close up lense, RRS focus rail with everyting on a Gitzo 1348 tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead, me laying on my belly in the damp grass. Sun was coming up behind me.

6. Thank you all for the comments. I drove 400 miles round trip to get more shots of these in a mountain meadow in west virginia.
    It was about 7am, D2X, 200mm F4 micro, Nikon A2 filter, Nikon 5T close up lense, RRS focus rail with everyting on a Gitzo 1348 tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead, me laying on my belly in the damp grass. Sun was coming up behind me. F/8 1/160 sec, no flash or other adjustments in camera except sharpening set to high.

7. I love that one Dave, a lot of fine details

8. Dave,

This image is especially nice. You really work magic with that 200mm. I am interested in your focus rail. I was considering a few after reading an article on their attributes. Your imagery confirms the benefits. Thanks for sharing.

9. Gilles and Crystall,
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always enjoy posting images because of the subsequent interraction. I also enjoy exploring the catagories and viewing images and adding my comments. this is really a great site and I feel very at home here.
    The focus rail is Really right stuff model B2-FAB.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Dave. Spot on for sure. Well executed.

11. Just simply perfect the colors the focus the dew drops the antennae it just all comes together seems like your hard work has been rewarded

12. Super shot...love the color, dew, background ..everything..!! :D

13. Mike and Mike
    Thanks for taking the time to view and comment.
    It means a lot to me.

14. What a great shot. I love the dew on it's wings.

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave!! Excellent shot. ;-)

I will have to admit that the thought of you lying on your belly in the wet grass is almost as pleasing as the results, but not quite. :lol:

16. Wow, what can I say. That image is a beauty for sure.