1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Leesburg-DC......D700's available?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by wwallace, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Leesburg-DC Professional Camera Stores?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be in Leesburg area for a few days next week. I am trying to find a good, or at least decent, pro camera shop. (The closer to Leesburg, the better. but I will go to DC area if necessary.) I want to do some serious shopping and want to get hands on feel of a Nikon D700.

I have done a search, but cannot not tell what the store is like by the info I've been able to see. My area of NE PA doesn't have anything beyond consumer bodies, and very little good bags, etc. Even the local Ritz Camera, in a Boscov's store, cannot get me a D700 to see.

Any suggestions of good, or stay away from bad, camera shops down there? The name and location, as well as any specific comments, would be great.

Thanks for thinking about it!

2. No guarantees that either Ace Photo or Penn Camera (both mentioned in your other, similar thread) will have the D700 on hand but it's worth a try!

3. Call either Ace or Penn to see if they have one for you. I also like PhotoCraft. Call Eldar at the Burke store and see if he can get one for you. Finally, I bought my D300 from Dominion Camera in Falls Church (a few miles further on route 7 from Penn camera), and you might want to contact them as well...

4. Ack! I can't believe I forgot about PhotoCraft, which is indeed an excellent resource and which may have what you want when the other stores do not!
    Eldar is a sweetheart.....

5. Thanks folks! I now know I'll be going to Ace, and most likely Photocraft too!
    Unless I go to NY, I don't have hands-on access to any pro gear.
    I sheepishly want to apologize for the similar posts to two sections ;) 
    You have sharp eyes Connie! And, Rich, you probably picked up on it to.
    My defense is ..... well, it doesn't sound so good to me now either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.