Critique Leftovers

Food left over from our Thanksgiving meal

Setup
All photos were made with a small lamp on the right and white reflectors on the left, top and right rear. The lamp was fitted with a diffusion sock for the first and third photos.

Focus Stacking (only in the first and third photos)
15 focus bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 stacked in Helicon Focus at default settings

Mini muffins with crab stuffing
Mike 2020-11-27--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Guinea fowl with a mix of long grain rice, wild rice and dried cherries
Mike 2020-11-27--0040-S.jpg

Blueberry cobbler

Mike 2020-11-27--0002-S.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
YUM! Excellent photos, Mike!

Looks like a great meal! I'll bet the rice was excellent! I'd love to taste those muffins! LOL!

Real Name
Randy
Your food pics are simply the best, although Dossy is pretty good. You help my recently bad appetite. They say cancer patients sometimes need to smoke to eat when they could just look at your food pics

I'll bet the rice was excellent! I'd love to taste those muffins!
The rice is Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice. I sometimes add dried cherries a few minutes before the rice is cooked as in that photo, sometimes sauteed mushrooms, sometimes both.

The muffins are one of the most distinctive, new dishes I've had in a long time. The recipe is at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/mini-deviled-crab-cornbread-muffins

Sweet, want some of that blueberry cobbler!!!
You better come over soon because it won't be long before it's all gone.

They say cancer patients sometimes need to smoke to eat when they could just look at your food pics
Such a nice compliment! Any time you're having trouble eating maybe viewing my food photo gallery will help: https://mikebuckley.zenfolio.com/p69984307

And get well soon!

Last edited:
Thanks, Jim!

Certainly non-traditional Thanksgiving fare
It has probably been decades since I prepared a traditional Thanksgiving menu. On the other hand, any time fowl of any kind is served as the main or only meat, that's pretty traditional even if it's not a turkey. I got a big laugh every time I read about people buying small turkeys or just turkey breasts for the smaller gatherings at Thanksgiving this year. That's because I knew that even though there would only be two at our table, there would be plenty of white and dark meat because I cooked an entire guinea fowl, which is about the same size as a roasting chicken.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Thank you to Glenn and Binnur!

I actually haven't thought about which photograph I prefer but, considering that I have a sweet tooth, the blueberry cobbler is my favorite dish. I look forward to the last serving after tonight's supper.
So, no blueberry cobblers left to send them over the Atlantic Ocean?

Klaus

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom