LEGO

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
This shot reminds me of the joy playing with the bricks when I was young...

D3S_0002.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Critique is welcome
Klaus

So true!
Same here. As did my daughters and their children now. It definitely became a classic.

I also played with a Meccano set from my father (°1920) and Plastikanos sets, kind of a 1960's version of the Meccano.
Lego certainly caught on better. Perhaps a more efficient marketing team :)

Judging by this image, I think these kids won't be playing with Lego much longer :)

Nice shot. I never saw Lego as a child, I got Lincoln logs and an erector set. My kids enjoyed Lego, I still fear stepping on the bricks in bare feet when the grandkids have visited, they hurt.

I dunno about outgrowing Lego.
Have you seen what they sell today? Besides the young children stuff, they have a part of the store with complicated expensive kits; over 1,000 pieces and over $200.
Also in the US there is some kind of competition show on television where people build these intricate Legos.....I haven't watched it, but I imagine it's really challenging!

I dunno about outgrowing Lego.
Have you seen what they sell today? Besides the young children stuff, they have a part of the store with complicated expensive kits; over 1,000 pieces and over $200.

I was just at the Lego store.
Millenium Falcon, over 7,000 pieces, and $800 !!!!
Definitely NOT a kids toy.

Then also have a world map.
Over 11,000 pieces.
The clerk told me it took SIX of them, THREE days to make it.

Nice shot. Our son went from the pirate sets to the architectural series. The only set not to be taken apart and rebuilt was the pirate ship. We have probably have 6 containers about 2,5’x1.5’x6” full of LEGOs in storage for when he has children

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom