Leica CL - Low light photos

The following photos were taken to test the low light capabilities.
#1 St Francis RC church in Waco
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
LC1000040

Iso 1600, 1/60th second, f5.6, hand held. I did not make any adjustments in converting from DNG to Jpg

I had taken one of the alter at 1/50 second hand held but that was too slow. Colors were good but there was too much camera shake.

LC1000055

ISO 800, 1/13th second, f4. I used a lamp pole to steady the camera. I did under expose in Light room and made a couple of other minor adjustments to get rid of the glare from the lights.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is a the photo of the Altar. The church was very dark. The only light was the ambient light coming in from the stained glass windows. The photo is very shaky but the purpose of the photo was to test the color performance in low light. No adjustments have been made in Light Room in converting the file from DNG to JPG.

The settings were : ISO 1600, 1/4 second f5.6 hand held

LC1000039

These look very good. Does the Leica CL have in body stabilization? I have a Leica Q that does a super job with low light but it does have the in body stabilization.
Louis, The CL does not have any stabilization. The only way to get stabilization is to use the SL lenses or a tripod.

If you look at the altar photo, you will see that is fairly blurry. I should have taken a few more shots at higher ISOto test the amount of grain.

Is this your first Leica? As I mentioned I have a Q and it is my first Leica. I'm loving this type of photography and I think the Leica makes you engage most, anyway I'm enjoying the shooting with the Q.
Yes it is my first. My brother had 2 M3s when we were in college. I borrowed one with a 35 mm lens for a class assignment. I have been in love with them ever since.

They are definitely a luxury item to me. Other camera companies make some very good products but there is an intangible about Leica that you either understand or don’t.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom