Leica D-LUX 3

R

Removed User 2

Why mess with that cam?

Leica is all about the experience and for a true experience, I'd go with the M8, which I plan to own yummy, or one of the M3, M4, M5, M6 or M7 film cameras. Now we're starting to talk!

Gee . . . that's the length of a football field. Does any flash have enough power to be effective at that range? :confused:

Ralph

I obtained some additional information. The X Q-flash at 400 w/s puts out two stops more light than a SB-800, range of full flash illumination is 112' vs. 55' for a SB-800. This is with a BB on the SB-800 vs. the QF63B -Tele-Photo Reflector on the Q-Flash.

Now, how much more fill that would provide at 300' I don't know yet. Surely would help to open up some shadow areas?

Larry,
Aperture does not currently support. I purchased mine Friday from Kenmoore....excellent to deal with BTW. I purchased on line and they followed up with a phone call. At first I thought it was going to be the dreaded accessory call, but nope...just letting me know about a few shipping options.

Adobe Lightroom does support the RAW images from the D-lux 3 though and it is currently still available as a free Beta download. Most likely by the time you have to actually pay for Lightroom, Aperture will support this camera's RAW files. Of course that is pure guess work, but it is likely I think.

I am opening the files in Lightroom...tweaking as needed....sending to CS2 for final tweaks, resizing etc....and then saving to desktop and importing to Aperture for filing.

A little convoluted and I wouldn't want to use this workflow for a real 100-200 image shoot, but for P&S stuff and until Aperture supports the files it's useable.

As for the camera itself I am still getting to know it one stolen free moment at a time, but the quality of fit and finish and the manual control are all ace.

It's nice to finally own something that has the Leica logo even if it is really a Panasonic!:biggrin:

Hope this helps....and Happy Holidays to you and your wife.

Just a grab shot in B&W mode with the Leica D-Lux 3 at iso 800. To me the grain seems fairly film like and not bothersome at all.

iso 800, f4.0, 1/40 .....resized for web.

321921126_5313a9475c_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting your B&W shot. Looks good to me too, better than Tri-X pushed to 800.

My wife saw my new toy last night and I think I'm in trouble. I think she wants to trade me for her Canon S60.

Just a grab shot in B&W mode with the Leica D-Lux 3 at iso 800. To me the grain seems fairly film like and not bothersome at all.

iso 800, f4.0, 1/40 .....resized for web.

321921126_5313a9475c_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very Nice!

GenoP

Latest threads

Top Bottom