Leica photography ad

Granted it is not Nikon but it speaks to the power of photography Leica ad

After seeing it, it makes me realize how pedestrian my photos are. Every now and then I may come close to that quality of composition but not often

Last edited:
Sometimes I want to just put my camera in a cardboard box and go do something else.
But the forests would be quiet if only the best birds sang.
I will still go shoot, but will only strive to get images as moving as these.
What they do not mention is equipment had nothing to do with these images.
These were shot by great photographers.
Gary

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Too short. There is no time to appreciate them unless you hit the pause button.
This was a very short advertisement to fit into a time slot for ads. It was developed to inspire people about images.....and to associate Leica with compelling images. It achieved the intent of the video extremely well.

For those that want to view each image in more detail, pausing the video allows that.

I was going out this weekend for an early morning shoot with the D7100 and 200-500.I want to get a shot of Sam Houston on his horse from the far end of the reflection pond at Herman Park. But after viewing the ad, I am going to take the CL along too. The morning is supposed to be on the foggy side. There is an old bridge in Houston that maybe interesting in the fog.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I was going out this weekend for an early morning shoot with the D7100 and 200-500.I want to get a shot of Sam Houston on his horse from the far end of the reflection pond at Herman Park. But after viewing the ad, I am going to take the CL along too. The morning is supposed to be on the foggy side. There is an old bridge in Houston that maybe interesting in the fog.
What is "CL"...? Is that a Leica model?

What is "CL"...? Is that a Leica model?
It is a mirror less with autofocus and has been out for 2 or 3 years. It came out after the TL. The main differences are the controls and built in EVF.

I have always wanted a Leica but the M series is out of my price range. The CL and the TL2 are within budget. I prefer the CL because of the built in EVF.

Nice, but basically all street "People" photography as that is what Leica's are known for. Also mostly in B&W again Leicas strong suit and the Genres strong suit. No grand landscapes, cityscapes, BIF or nature shots for that matter. Probably the best of that genre in my opinion is Steichen's "Family of Man".

Nice, but basically all street "People" photography as that is what Leica's are known for. Also mostly in B&W again Leicas strong suit and the Genres strong suit. No grand landscapes, cityscapes, BIF or nature shots for that matter. Probably the best of that genre in my opinion is Steichen's "Family of Man".
Granted about the genre. I can attest though that the Leica is capable of others. Here are some landscapes from a trip 2018 Utah. It was the only camera I took with me.
The reason I posted the ad was to show the power of photography. Not to promote one brand over another. A few years ago, the Museum of Fine Arts Houston hosted an exhibit on the photography of war. Next to each photo, was the standard card with photographer’s name and other data including the camera. I can’t recall seeing many Leica listed. The exhibit was dominated by Nikon and Canon. Regardless of the brand, the exhibit was very powerful. Photography is about the only medium that can deliver those emotions

Last edited:
No issue with Leica, shot with my dads M3 back in the early 60’s. Don’t think i ever shot people with it. But it’s relatively small size, quiet shutter, make it a excellent street camera. Know many that use one and preset focus and exp and just shoot in stealth mode from the hip. Just didnt think that the included images as a whole were that powerful. Exhibit of Sally Mann’s images or as indicated Family of Man I felt were more powerful.

No question that images are a powerful medium...I’ve been devouring images since the mid 60’s. Part of my routine since 78 was to visit a couple of photography galleries every Saturday morning. This has changed with covid , but still go through monographs of number of artist. If you get a chance go to New Orleans and visit the Gallerie of Fine Photography on Royal...unbelievable collection of images.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom