Leica V-Lux1 first impressions

Discussion in 'Non-Nikon Mirrorless' started by Doug, May 18, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    For no more than the cost of a lens for our favorite house brand, you can produce images like this handheld with on board flash. I warn you, it's pretty striking results. The first thing that stood out when I took the lens cap off the Leica glass, was the pristine clarity of the outer element. It just had a look of purity that seemed a bit uncharacteristic of glass elements. I guess it was for good reason it seemed that way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To see the 100% crops with NO sharpening at all, go here: (Only the chiuaua dog images)

http://www.fotogafer.com/gallery/2812184#153388750

10.2 mpx, with 3 aspect ratios, shoots raw, Leica's (panasonic) version of VR, viewfinder with a twist. Unfortunately it is not a prism driven finder like a DSLR has. It's more like a video image in the viewfinder. It's sort of strange to adjust to, and does make focusing a bit easier with the 2" rear LCD which is active if open, can also be opened flat.

But those images, wow, such detail and expression!

Doug

2. Interesting and nice results Doug. It is alway interesting to see new gear and its use.
    Dave

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Dave. The glass is pretty awesome on the Leica.

4. allenxchu

allenxchu Guest

wow looks sharp and the colors look very rich. i like!

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Allen, I was shocked and amazed when I first put the handheld flash shot in macro mode under the microscope so to speak. Detail upon detail. I don't really need the camera, in fact, I had someone wanting me to sell it, but still not sure I can do that. I feel that the V-Lux1 will backfill some shots into my library that I wouldn't make otherwise.

It's a special camera, rivaling the power of a DSLR, but in a slightly simpler package. The lens focuses and zooms just like a SLR lens.

I have taken others since the pup shot that also impressed me.

Without any filters, (next time, I will polarize) I didn't have the right adapters until now...

[​IMG]

I also invested in a universal RRS arca swiss plate for it.

here's another nice one in macro handheld.

[​IMG]