Leica V-Lux1

Discussion in 'Non-Nikon Mirrorless' started by adaml, May 2, 2007.

1. adaml

adaml

Feb 21, 2006
    chicago
    Anyone here use this camera? I'm in the market for a fixed lens super-zoom for those times when I'm with my family on vacation, outings, etc. On those occasions I would like to have a full-featured camera, but without the paraphernalia associated with my DSLR's (tripod, extra lenses, etc.), since patience with my photography is not a virtue of either my wife or son.

I've read that it has all of the features of a DSLR with a fixed zoom. Important to me is the fact that it is supposed to have little or no shutter lag and excellent autofocus speed, which is the principal reason why my otherwise stellar CP8800 is no longer the camera of choice for family outings. And it seems that the lens is truly superior. On the negative side, I understand that it is a poor high ISO performer, which is not surprising for the type of camera.

I would appreciate any first-hand input.

2. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Adam, I have one of these on trial, the macro-ish results are striking. I've had some mixed results with landscapes, but have not had it out of my yard either.

I'm going to start a thread on this, and I'll offer up some things to see.

I was going to PM you that I am going to let this one go I have, but I couldn't PM or email you, so, up to you to see it here, that I have one for sale in the for sale section...

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2007