Lens and Humidity

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by waltny, Sep 12, 2008.

1. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    I went out tonight to get some night shots of Lexington, KY and I had a nasty problem arise. I pulled the lens out of the bag and took off the cap and INSTANTLY they fogged up(I dont have to deal with this in the high desert known as Utah). I tried to wipe the front element with my ziess cloth and as soon as I got it clear, the moisture would creeped back. I even let the lens sit there in abient air to acclimatize, but that did not work. It made shooting impossible and my question to all here is how do you handle the humidity when it is too much for your gear to over come?

2. Yeah, let it set in ambient for several hours, on the high humidity days. The lens needs several hours to totally stabilize.

3. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Actually, consider letting it sit at ambient temperature in a zip-lock bag for at least an hour. This'll get it warm without risking high humidity within the lens itself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.