Lens for houses (in and out)?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by clickcanada, Apr 17, 2007.

1. One of the things that I shoot a lot of is houses, interior and exterior shots are about 50/50. I am into flipping houses, and am working towards my real estate lic also, I understand the need to have great quality pics of a house when selling.:wink:

Any house shooters out there? what kind of glass would you recommend? What other accessories? I am on a bit of a budget, so something easy on the pocket book would be nice.

Oh, BTW I have a d70 with a 18-55 f3.5-5.6 currently

Thanks for your input.

Michael

2. Hi Michael,
    I've used the Tamron 12-24 mm for church interiors and some houses as well and I really like it.

3. Michael, I'm an agent, and use the Tokina 12-24. I also have the Nikon 17-55/2.8 but seem to prefer the 12-24 range for real estate pics.

4. zzhangz

zzhangz Guest

Sigma 10-20mm is a good one, It's a AFS lens, the future of Nikon mount.

5. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Another vote for the Sigma 10-20.

This room is about 10x10

[​IMG]

6. Thanks folks, that does help quite a bit. That pic of the room with the 10-20 is amazing, it makes the room look very large. I guess having a little bit of zoom is handy over the quickness of a prime for this kind of shooting.

The biggest challenge that I find with house interior pics is the bathrooms. They are so tight it is hard to get it all into one pic. I will start looking around for some very short lenses.

7. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    17-55 2.8 or 17-35 2.8

Distortion is what you are trying to control.

This teacher/friend at the Center for Digital Imaging (CDIA) uses the D200 with the 17-55 now. Granted many of the shots on his site are from before he had this setup, but given his work if it is good enough for him, it was good enough for me.

8. Hi Clickcanada

of course you will shoot on tripod, otherwise the widest ambient light lens for digital I think is the Sigma 20 F1.8...

All the best.