Lens hood for 70-200 vr

This is a question for the people using a VR11, do you have any problem with the hood easily falling off like it does on the VR1.

The hood for the vII has a locking-on mechanism. I wondered why it was there as I never had that problem with any other lens hood, so obviously it is a problem with v1?

I use the 70-200 V2 for sideline sports and it dangles off of my shoulder on my second body. The lens hood often falls off while I am running up and down the line with the camera/lens bouncing off of my hip. It is better than the
V1, but it is still not secure.

My solution is to tape it in place using gaffer tape or wrist/ankle tape I "borrow" from the athletic trainer. Not elegant solution, but effective.

the VR1 hood only falls out when mounted in reverse. mine constantly falls out. its only reversed when in storage. when mounted for action, the lock works very well.

I have the Mamiya 77mm one... I don't like it. It's too big to fit in the bag even when folded and it feels like I have a plunger in front of my camera. If anyone knows a smaller one, I'd love to hear about it.

I have the Mamiya 77mm one... I don't like it. It's too big to fit in the bag even when folded and it feels like I have a plunger in front of my camera. If anyone knows a smaller one, I'd love to hear about it.
Now that's a use for it i didn't think of. :eek:

The plastic petal hoof fell off constantly when I was shooting football games. I hated having to search the sidelines for it after I realize it fell off or having a coach or player hand me it - I felt stupid.

The plastic petal hood fell off constantly when I was shooting football games. I hated having to search the sidelines for it after I realized it fell off or having a coach or player hand me it - I felt stupid.

Haha, I keep hoping I'll lose mine so I have an excuse to get the Mamiya one, so naturally I haven't had any problems in three years of using it.

When I know it's really important I just stick a few pieces of gaffer tape on it to keep it from running away.

I use the Mamiya on the Sigma 70-200mm and like it. Rubber is a better protection on minor bumps than plastic. Have used rubber hoods whenever I can for over 40 years.

The only time the hood slides off of my VR1 is when it is reversed.
My solution: I just placed a small piece of tape on one of the notches inside the lens hood so when I turn it, it's tight and doesn't fall off.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom