1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lens Hood for photographing through glass

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Mike Buckley, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Wow! I could've used one of these the other day.......! It certainly could be ideal for shooting at an aquarium or in other situations where one wants to be able to get the image without a bunch pesky reflections interfering.

2. I've used collapsible rubber lens hoods for years... usually just a large one attached to various step up rings. Works great for this purpose.

3. A very unique accessory. I can see how it would very benificial shooting thru window glass or fish tanks. But I willl hold off until the need arrises for me.

4. I like the following characteristics, which are the reasons in no particular order that I ordered it:
    • It's already made. (I'm horrible at making DIY projects.)
    • It's collapsible, which allows for easy storage.
    • Its base stretches to fit most any lens; no step up rings needed. (I dislike them so much that I have a separate circular polarizer for each lens.)
    I'm willing to bet that the product won't be shipped on schedule. I figure that if I can get any takers, their losses will pay for my new lens hood...if indeed it ever gets made. :eek: 

5. Toilet plunger, as show in my post (#4) is cheaper and readily available. :LOL: 

6. The hole has to be cut out of it. It will fit only one size. It might be heavier. It won't collapse; too difficult to store. Worst of all, someone might actually try to use it on their toilet. :ROFLMAO: 

7. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    Rubber roof flashing..... available at any home center. Eight bucks.

rubber-roof-flashing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I wonder if that will solve the problem with my leaking roof. :ROFLMAO: 

9. Well, since you appear to be squeamish, how about a rubber boot for a gear shift lever? Universal Gear Shift Boot, RUBBER

At under $5 you can have one for each lens.

10. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    Only if you leave your camera installed on it. lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    About the only time I want to shoot thru glass in in hotels. There is no way I’m checking into a hotel with a toilet plunger.

12. I've been in hotels that needed a toilet plunger and more! :ROFLMAO: 

13. What kind of hotels do you check in to? :rolleyes: :cool: :D 

14. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    The kind that would think it odd if a guest was showing up with a plunger. A plunger sends a pretty clear message “I’m here to stop up your toilet, but don’t worry I’ve come equipped to deal with it” I often fly to these hotels, curious what TSA would think of a plunger as a carry on. I once carried a short garden spade on board, but that was the pre-TSA days.

15. I once carried a very heavy satchel on board. The clerk at the check-in joked by asking if a person was inside it. Indeed, it was my mother's ashes. I had a LOT of fun explaining that to her!

16. Jerry Mend

Jerry Mend

Jul 24, 2018

17. Jerry Mend

Jerry Mend

Jul 24, 2018
    Exactly what I do-----nothing else needed. Jerry

18. Much to my surprise, the company announced today that the first batch of orders is being fulfilled a bit ahead of schedule.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.