1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lens Hood for Tokina 12-24 f/4

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Tim White, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Tim White

Tim White Guest

I just picked up a (barely) used copy of the subject lens. I like it so far, but my copy didn't come with a lens hood, and I've quickly discovered the hood is definitely needed. My question: Since the Tokina hood is relatively hard to find (my excellent local shop that normally has everything doesn't stock them) I'm hoping someone knows of another option, i.e., maybe a more easily sourced Nikon hood would fit? If so, which model? I can order the Tokina hood from B&H but am in a bit of a hurry and would like to find something more quickly if possible. Any ideas?

2. I don't think the hood is needed that badly. My Tokina on the Canon controlled flare pretty well. I would just order the OEM hood and wait :) 

3. I think some of the other 77mm Tokina hoods fit it, but I'm not sure which ones. At one time I had the 12-24/4 and 28-80/2.8... the 28-80/2.8 hood fit the Tokina just fine... I didn't notice any vignetting indoors, but I didn't test it very extensively either. The model number of that hood is BH775... but it's no cheaper than the BH779 intended for the 12-24mm... both can be had for $39.95 from B&H, and both are in stock.

4. Tim White

Tim White Guest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.