Lens Hood for Tokina 12-24 f/4

T

Tim White

I just picked up a (barely) used copy of the subject lens. I like it so far, but my copy didn't come with a lens hood, and I've quickly discovered the hood is definitely needed. My question: Since the Tokina hood is relatively hard to find (my excellent local shop that normally has everything doesn't stock them) I'm hoping someone knows of another option, i.e., maybe a more easily sourced Nikon hood would fit? If so, which model? I can order the Tokina hood from B&H but am in a bit of a hurry and would like to find something more quickly if possible. Any ideas?

I don't think the hood is needed that badly. My Tokina on the Canon controlled flare pretty well. I would just order the OEM hood and wait :)

I think some of the other 77mm Tokina hoods fit it, but I'm not sure which ones. At one time I had the 12-24/4 and 28-80/2.8... the 28-80/2.8 hood fit the Tokina just fine... I didn't notice any vignetting indoors, but I didn't test it very extensively either. The model number of that hood is BH775... but it's no cheaper than the BH779 intended for the 12-24mm... both can be had for $39.95 from B&H, and both are in stock.

Latest threads

Top Bottom