Lens Lucky

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by bmiller, Jul 7, 2007.

1. I'm feeling rather lucky today.I've been playing around with photography for awhile,and found i had the lens lust as a lot of you apparently do.I was at an auction and there was a camera bag with a Nikon F 100,a Nikorr 300mm f4D ED AFS,A Nikorr 17-35mm f2.8D AFS,a Nikon 105mm Micro f2.8,and a 50mm f1.4D,A Manfrotto Pro 055 tripod,a velbon l tripod,a Manfroto short monopod and another small tripod of unknown make.All lenses and camera in a nice bag.The lenses all have Hellopan polarizing filters.I tested all the lenses on my D200,and they are immaculate and work perfect.$1480 Canadian,which includes buyers premium.
    These go along with my Nikon 12-24mm wide,18-200mmVR and 70-200MM VR
    Some days are better than others.
  2. wow, not sure how much $1480 canadian is in USD, but it sounds cheap! did you buy it?

that is the sweetest deal i've heard in a long time.
  3. Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    OMG! That is a steal! the Heliopan filters are almost worth that much!

Congrats, I know you had to have bought it!
  4. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow your lucly
  5. DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    yikes... hope you had the cash on hand.
  6. I bought it for sure.I've been playing around with them.I was lucky it was a nice day and not many people showed up at the auction.The poor guy who died and left the estate to auction took good care of his stuff.There isn't a scratch anywhere.I bought it for the lenses,as i already have a D200.I have an F100 which i have no use for.Still a steal just for the lenses.
    Funny thing is i've been looking around the last month on this site and others regarding lenses,and a micro for sure.I actually bid on a 105mm micro on ebay a week ago.Glad i didn't get it.I was home at the closing for it and i missed it.Good thing.
  7. weiran

Jan 2, 2007
    Nottingham, UK
    Fab deal! I'd buy the F100 off you if you didn't live so far away!
  8. Nice catch! I think my wife would have let me even bid on that :smile:

The filters and 300mm AFS are very nice finds, something I wouldn't mind coming across myself.
  9. Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Congratulations Brad! That has got to be the best deal I've heard of in a long time. Hang on to the F100 - it's one of the best film nikon cameras, and you never know (I went film after 8 years of only digital.)

oh, ps. If you put a space between punctuation and the next letter, it makes your posts much easier to read. This ain't text messaging, ya know! :Wink:
  10. That's a great deal! The 17-35 alone is worth near what you paid. Always glad lad to hear whenever anyone gets a nice deal.
  11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

such a dilly, congrats ....;-)
  12. Chris101, you are correct. Punctuation is not my strong suit after being out of school for 30 years. I will improve.
    By the way, i also found an mc30 remote and it works. I found it in a pocket of the bag. I had some fun playing around with the macro last night. Interesting new way of looking at flowers and bugs.
  13. When is the next auction? I'm coming over!! Congratulations!!!