Lens Lust at its finest...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Donzo98, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
  2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Absolutely indifferent (I already own the lens) :smile:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bjorn,
    You own alllll of them :>)))

Geezzz I spent about an hour in you website. (again)

4. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Lost count of them after some 140 different Nikkors. Now, I have to keep a computerised list of all lenses I have loaned to various people, if I only could remember which ones they are :biggrin:

5. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I may have Bjorn beat...

Bjorn,
    Im new to the Cafe, but not to Nikon... and certainly not to your phenomenal site. I have NAS bad. It all started with the 8mm 2.8. I have bought and sold many of them in the last few years. I currently have 8 of them!! :eek: 2 NAI and 6 AIS's (one of them is chipped). I know you have EVERYTHING... but not EIGHT 8mm 2.8's :biggrin:

I have decided that my lens lust has to be controlled... and I'm selling a few things off. Every time I buy something I justify it by saying I will sell something to pay for it... somehow it doesnt seem to work as planned :confused:

Don

6. nfoto

nfoto Guest

My 8 mm f/2.8 was purchased in absolutely pristine condition, in an unopened box in fact, for a ridiculous sum of $ 175.

Now, a few years later, I won't call it pristine anymore. Been dropped once or twice, too, which shows :biggrin: But in my opinion it has a meaningful existence.

(I have a second 8mm this f/8, plus all other Fisheyes except for the 6 mm f/2.8)

I'm not a collector with the only exception of the Micro-Nikkors and 105 mm Nikkors, of which I have all possible varieties for the "F" mount and most for the "S" as well. But mind you, they have all been put to their designated use, so are no longer attractive collector's items - a homage to the lenses as far as I'm concerned.

7. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Fisheyes...

I have them all except the 6mm 2.8 as well. I saw what you did to adapt the 10OP for use on DSLR. Genius... as far as Im concerned. Bjorn, you are one of a kind.

Here's one of my two 10's...

http://www.donzo98.com/Equipment/10OPA.jpg

8. Exactly! Me too!
    I was supposed to sell that 50 1.8 long time ago, after I purchased the noct and the 45P... I guess that 50 1.8 will never leave, after all :wink:

9. Now this the only lens I don't quite get. So huge for nothing(?)

I mean, how sharp and good can it be, being only a fiheye? How much sharpness do you really need out of a fisheye? What'S the point of acceptability? This is a true monster!

10. nfoto

nfoto Guest

The 8 mm is in fact a very sharp lens, even on the D2X.

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Why wouldn't you want a sharp lens for a fisheye? I use my 24mm Mamiya to do full sky photos during meteor storms. I want to replace one of the internal filters with a diffraction grating so I can get meteor spectra. It'll HAVE to be sharp for that.

12. If I had one, I'd probably buy the 10.5/2.8 DX and use the balance to fund a 500/4 :)

Ming

13. Chris,

I use the fisheye 100% for its effect and not to document space extremely accurately. This is why I am very happy with my 200$ 8mm Sigma fisheye.