Lens Lust gone, contemplating of getting rid of everything...

Don't know what it is but lens lust, gear lust aquistion... is just completely gone.

Might just like a simple D40 with a small lens that's about it...

has anyone gone through this?

T

Tim White

Don't know what it is but lens lust, gear lust aquistion... is just completely gone.

Might just like a simple D40 with a small lens that's about it...

So you've lost the desire to buy stuff. Okay. Are you seeking sympathy? A reference for the appropriate 12-step program? Your sig-line doesn't list a D40 so it seems you are looking to buy a camera and lens to cure you of the lack of desire to buy camera stufff . . . :confused:

You realize photography is the important part, right?

I thought about it, then I bought more gear.

Your gear lust is gone or your interest in photography is fading ?
Perhaps you could pack up all of your gear except a camera and a lens. Shoot with it for a couple months and see how you feel. This could be temporary and it would be a shame to sell your gear then have to buy it back.

I contemplate it all the time. Haven't had the guts to follow through yet. Usually I just pick the lens i think will suit all my needs and only use that for a while. Currently it's the 20mm f/2.8.

I can quit any time I want . . . really.

So you've lost the desire to buy stuff. Okay. Are you seeking sympathy? A reference for the appropriate 12-step program? Your sig-line doesn't list a D40 so it seems you are looking to buy a camera and lens to cure you of the lack of desire to buy camera stufff . . . :confused:

You realize photography is the important part, right?

No symphathy seeking, just wondering if anyone out there has this thought go through their minds. Seems like folks on the cafe do.

A friend of mine says it is a form of mid-life crisis....

P

prowicz

I go through this on a regular basis, and the only way to stop it, is to go out and buy a new lens. I was going through what you agoing through earlier today, so got out and got myself a 14-24 and I feel a bit more optimistic tonight! :biggrin:

I go through this on a regular basis, and the only way to stop it, is to go out and buy a new lens. I was going through what you agoing through earlier today, so got out and got myself a 14-24 and I feel a bit more optimistic tonight! :biggrin:

Sounds like a drunk going back to the bottle.

Real Name
Randy
not even for 5 minutes
passion for photography that is not the lust for more gear
I only buy what I will use

maybe you should stop hanging out here and go shoot more

Absolutely normal. Judging from your equipment list you've been in high passion for quite a while. Passion can't be maintained at a fever pitch forever. Just physically, the adrenal glands give out and have to recharge. Everything goes in cycles. I've had long periods where the photographic bug (sometimes exhibited as NAS) seemed to have disappeared, only to reappear with new determination. I've been through enough of these troughs to know that the wave comes back and lifts me up again. Don't worry, you're just fine.

not even for 5 minutes
passion for photography that is not the lust for more gear
I only buy what I will use

maybe you should stop hanging out here and go shoot more

I only buy what I use, if I don't use it I will get rid of it.

Actually coming to the cafe gave me the motivation to actually go out and shoot more. Obviously the members of the cafe knows why. Whether it'd be beautiful landscapes, to portraits or BIF's... nice photos can only motivate a person to go and try it out for themselves.

I've been lacking motivation lately as well, and have already sold the 17-55. In turn, I used the funds toward a new TV :smile:

I can't bring myself to get rid of any of my current gear, and enjoy when I do use it, even if it's rare these days.

Well i think sometimes if you get hot in heavy into it and buy buy buy, then you realize, meh, it's not so much fun, sure i can see it getting old. Like an affair, or dating a stripper.

But many people here have been doing photography for decades, a nice steady love affair with it, that kind of love just dont fade!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom