Lens lust got me bad this time

I have just spent a couple of hours trawling the forum as I felt some new glass was in order. All I can say is that the NAS was strong on this occasion and have ended up ordering a 24-70 and a 70-200 :eek:
Bit late now I know, but I have done the right thing haven't I:redface:

If I could only keep two of my lenses, those would be the ones.

You can think of it as having saved money, since now you've got the right glass and don't have to mess with a bunch of lesser options before figuring it out!

Takes me a month to consider getting one item and it took you an hour for each. Hehe.
Congrats.

Real Name
Doug
From a couple of hours of scanning this forum you pulled the trigger on about $4000 (USD) worth of lenses? You are beyond NAS. You have a mental disorder. Luckily, you are in the right place. Welcome to the asylum. BTW, the inmates run the place. :biggrin:

From a couple of hours of scanning this forum you pulled the trigger on about $4000 (USD) worth of lenses? You are beyond NAS. You have a mental disorder. Luckily, you are in the right place. Welcome to the asylum. BTW, the inmates run the place. :biggrin:

^ALL TRUE! Congrats on the new glass :biggrin:

The good thing is you knew you were going to buy them before you went looking. So now you got the perfect excuse to blame it on NAS. Congratulations on the new lenses.

I have just spent a couple of hours trawling the forum as I felt some new glass was in order. All I can say is that the NAS was strong on this occasion and have ended up ordering a 24-70 and a 70-200 :eek:
Bit late now I know, but I have done the right thing haven't I:redface:

I researched you after reading your post, Washy. You've been a member for almost 2 years, shoot with a d700, and are a fine photographer. I'm sure you'll make great use of the 24-70 and 70-200, and hope that you'll be more active in posting here. Congratulations on the new glass. Now all you need is the 12-24 to complete the Trinity. :wink:

If you like zooms, those are among the best.

The 24 70 to me is too big and heavy to be on the camera all the time. Pretty decent otherwise.

If you like zooms, those are among the best.

The 24 70 to me is too big and heavy to be on the camera all the time. Pretty decent otherwise.

That was one of the things that sold me on the 24-70 not so much the size but the weigth. I like the feel of a heavy camera in my hands. Makes me feel a little more....... stable? Not really the right word to describe it but as good as I can come up witih. I really like being able to feel the camera. My D60 always (more so now) felt almost like a toy.

Latest threads

Top Bottom