Lens Lust Satisfied

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by rbsmith, May 11, 2005.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Yeah right!
    I just received my Sigma 18-50 2.8 and Sigma 70-200 2.8. So the lens lust was taken care of for as long as it took to un-pack them. Now I need more that the 200. So tell me what to do. Will I be satisfied with the teleconverter (1.4 or 2). Or should I go ahead and start looking for something in the 400 to 500 range.

2. Brew

Brew Guest

Congrats,

I just ordered a 2x teleconverter for my Sigma 70-200. As soon has I've had time to test it out a little I'll let you know how I like it.

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks

I had just sent you a pm to see why yours was off the market. I will be looking forward to hearing how the teleconverter works out.

Is your avatar a PRS

4. GeneR

GeneR Guest

The 1.4x TC (Kenko Pro 300) works much better with my 80-200 than the 2x. If the 1.4x gives you enough additional reach, then you'll probably be happy with it. If it is not long enough, I doubt you'll be as happy using a 2x teleconverter.

Gene

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    there is no cure for this disease.

Glass is as addictive as booze or crack!

6. #1. Next steps are very easy, especially since you don't mind the "Sigma" name:
    - 120-300 f2.8 HSM
    - 500 f4.5 HSM

#2. Couple these with modified Nikon TC's, I have the 14E and the 20E and can stack them for LOOONNNNNNNGGGGG reach

#3. Does it bother anyone else that Computer Whiz Patrick ends up double-posting to this thread :?: :?: :?:

Oh, yeah, to answer your first question, you should have started looking 5 days BEFORE the new bits arrived....... :wink:

7. Brew

Brew Guest

phewwww I'm glad you said that, I kept on adjusting my glasses and it didn't get any better. :wink:

8. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    and then for tripods and heads and monopods and gyros and roller cases...

Why are you asking that THREE times?

9. Hang on a minute, Iliah, I only asked that once, the other two aren't mine.... Oh, crum, up to 4 now......... :wink:

Good point, Iliah, on the other "support extras...."