Lens Pouches/cases?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AFS, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Hello all.
    In contemplating the future of my wide angle zooms, my list of lenses to buy is never less than 2.
    Now, my current bag is a giant bag that is big enough to hold all the primes and wide zooms I could want, as well as my D70, 70-200 VR, laptop, toiletries, book to read, all comfortably!
    Even if I do get a more portable bag for when i'm not traveling, Lens changes for me may be frequent. I do a lot of my shots on impulse, and one impulse may say VR at 200mm, another kitlens at 18. Since I didnt feel like always fiddling wiht the case, I jury-rigged my VR's tripod foot to take my old D70 strap (replaced mine with a new nikon strap with suede lining.....mmmm!) so I could just sling it over my shoulder and switch with ease.
    Unfortunately out of the 17-55 DX, 17-35 AF-S, 12-24 DX, and 28-70 AF-S not one has a tripod foot (though they should in some cases), and I don't feel like slinging them over my shoulder anyways.
    My question is this....

Can you recommend any belt-mount lens pouches of good enough quality and of adequate size to hold any or all of the above lenses?
    It would be much easier for me to simply have a pouch to grab them out of.....

Right now the 17-55 DX is having a heated battle with the 17-35/28-70 due to the 17-35's superior flare resistance, lower price at the moment, and the fact that I personally like the lines and the feel of the 17-35 more than the 17-55. I think that I'd also rather change lenses to a 28-70 than to a 70-200 VR to achieve 70mm. And the fact that I can get the 28-70 in light gray....no i'm not a closet canonite, but I do like the gray lenses, and it would allow me to infiltrate groups of canonites, like that guy in fahrenheit 9/11. But i'm not really sure in the long run. No matter what I'll end up with at least one huge lens, possibly two, and a not terribly tiny 12-24 or equivalent.

Can you help me?
    Pretty please? :)
    HD

2. try thinktankphoto.com very innovative gear.
    They have exactly what you are asking for.
    Tell Doug Murdoch I sent you.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Dave,

Thanks for the link. I've got two Lowepro backpacks, two Lowepro holster bags, and a Lowepro shoulder bag, and I still don't have the exact set-up that I need in all cases. These guys may just fit the bill. (BTW, this is in no way a criticism of Lowepro. I like their stuff or I wouldn't keep buying it.)

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX