1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lens questions for D40x and future D90 - Wide angle, zoom...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Audi_RS4, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Audi_RS4

Audi_RS4

Jul 12, 2008
    Earth
    I am using a Nikon D40x body right now, and will most likely be getting the D90 when it comes out. I was thinking of getting the AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED right now and using it on my D40x and then D90. I will use it mostly at track days, autocross events etc. Mainly motor sport. Also I will use it for random stuff such as some wild life maybe, nature etc.

Do you think this is a suitable lens?

I've been using a Nikkor 18-135mm until now (it's my only lens) and haven't been completely satisfied with it's sharpness.

I have a question, the 18-200VR are and 70-300VR are very closely priced. Is one of them considerably better in the 70-200 range?

I am also considering these lenses:

Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG ASPHERICAL HSM

Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM

What do you think about them?

Which one do you think is better ? Should I look at something else?

Also, since I'll probably be getting the 70-300VR the 18-135 I own is a bit of a waste so I may get this instead - AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR how does it compare to the Nikkor 18-135 ? and, is the 16-85 VR better than the 18-200VR?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.