1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lens repair question.... AF-S lenses

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by AFS, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Hi all.
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the cost of repair if an AF-S lens has its AF motor fail? Talking pro grade lenses though, like 17-35, 28-70, 17-55, 70-200, 300mm.
    Thanks.....
    HD

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

The repair is quite expensive. I'd guess anywhere between 300 and 700 $.

The 17-35 is known to be prone to developing a squeaky AFS action over time. Mine did and I was quoted a repair bill of NOK 4.500 (about USD 600). However as the squeaking noise is intermittent, or occurs only when the lens initially is focused, and that I more often than not do focusing manually anyway, I have let the lens rest in peace so far.

3. Thanks Bjørn. I should have figured the Oracle of Nikon would answer my question clearly, quickly, and easily :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.