Lens stolen right off the body

Same thing happened to my friend in Russia. While at one of the museums, someone stole his lens right off the mount. When he attempted to take a picture, there was no lens! :eek:

Right now is peak tourist season in LA, I'm seeing so many tourist with their DSLRs just hanging off their neck, prime target for thieves if they're not careful.

I find this interesting, not meaning it is not ugly. In more than one occasion I have noticed how people look at me when I use any of my dSLR cameras with a fancy lens, especially if on a tripod. I have also noticed that when I use the little Olympus EPL-1 nobody seems to pay attention, especially if I do not use the EVF.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

that is incredible. I guess we normal citizens wouldn't know these thing until it happens to you. Glad I seen
this and will be more careful next time I travel. I guess thats why people put black tape on the camera to
cover up the name etc...

Having grown up in Brooklyn NY, something like THAT would NEVER happen to me. I ALWAYS have a hand on my camera and lens if its hanging off my shoulder and I'm walking the streets.

The same way my doors are ALWAYS locked. It's just the way I grew up I guess.

Real Name
Carl
When I get hassled like that I find a quick uppercut works just fine.

You tried that in Switzerland, you would be guilty of assault, and get your buns hauled off to jail! :eek: Leastways, that's how it used to be...dunno if it holds true today.

One Hand on Camera...always! :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom