1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lensbaby 2.0 Metering

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Simon, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi all,

I'm curious (very) on these lenses - they look and create quite facinating images. On thier web page they state: "a Lensbaby does not communicate electronically with your camera body"

My question is how do you meter using them ?

I'll be using it on a D2X so I gather I'd need to meter manually is this right ?

Here's a link to the site: http://www.lensbabies.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=1

2. Hi Simon,

Yes, the Lensbaby is a fun lens to experiment with. With the D2H (and I believe the D2X also has this feature), you can set the f/stop in the menu system, so the camera can meter properly.

mike

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They also have a forum.. Try there also.. Some really great stuff and they give alot of real time advice.. Neat place.

I have a lensbaby 2.. haven't had a chance to use it though. one of theses days :>))))

4. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks for the comments Mike and Gale

It was the Ver 2 of it that I was looking at too.

5. Hi Gale,

I have one and I am trying to sell mine. I can't figure out how to use it plus I want another lens so to satisfy my LLD, I need to sell it. I put this on the for sale forum. It is barely 2 weeks old.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.