Leopard, Kruger National Park

This large male leopard was cruising his territory and remarking it. Kruger National Park, September 18, 2012. D7000 with 300/4 AFS + 1.4TC.

_JRT9628_sm.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

YIKES! What a shot!

Scary - and mesmerizing - all at once!

Well done!

Great photo, and no fear at all in those eyes.

Thanks, Karen and Colin. The animals in Kruger pay no attention to the vehicles used in game drives, but 'no stepping out of the truck'! In fact, you are asked to not even stand up, as these animals are very unpredictable.

Thanks, all. We were very lucky to have the leopard walk so close, though there was a bit of unease.

The original was only cropped on the sides.

Great shot! And I know how people feel when these beautiful creatures are close by. In our case a couple of lions walked around our open safari truck and those sitting at the edges were rapidly shifting to the middle of the benches :biggrin:

WOW! Excellent detail

Thanks, Peter, Credit the camera and lens for the detail. :smile:

Nicely done Pa. I cannot wait for my next trip to Krugar.

Thanks, John. It is a wonderful place, for sure.

Great shot! And I know how people feel when these beautiful creatures are close by. In our case a couple of lions walked around our open safari truck and those sitting at the edges were rapidly shifting to the middle of the benches :biggrin:

Thanks, Kees. I personally trusted the guide and tracker when they said we were in no danger, but a couple of our companions admitted later to being a bit on edge.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom