Lesson Learn

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by thomamueller, Aug 4, 2007.

1. thomamueller

thomamueller

Jun 23, 2007
    New Jersey
    I was in Montreal last week on biz and brought D40 along. Took some shots at night and was surprised that I could not adjust WB in NX. It turns out someone use the camera before me switch from raw to JPG (not even fine). I had some great shots that are just so so now. Lesson, run thru your menu before shooting.

83318048_original.

2. Shot from the Mariott?
    Very nice Tom!

3. thomamueller

thomamueller

Jun 23, 2007
    New Jersey
    Yes. I may be working in Montreal for the next couple of years. I enjoy the town.

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Sorry to hear about that. Still a neat shot though. I think there are actually two lessons to take away from this experience:

1) Run through the menu settings before shooting
    2) Don't let other people use your camera. :biggrin:

5. First, I think it's a great shot regardless... Second, I can sympathize with you, I've had this happen to me many times... unfortunately, in my case, I am also the "other person"!

6. Some moron is always messing up the settings on my camera! OOPS:rolleyes:

7. Tom

Good news is that if you do in fact end up working there you'll have plenty of opportunity to take some neat shots.

Being a long lost Montrealer now living in Toronto, I miss some of the interesting city / landscapes that Montreal has.

8. thomamueller

thomamueller

Jun 23, 2007
    New Jersey
    Dan

I have just begun to explore the area. Only been able to get out at night so the Sigma 30mm F1.4 has come in handy. My company's office is located near ICH where two building were joined together to make a very interesting atrium.

Maybe in the future I will spend a weekend shoot during day light.

9. very interesting photo...especially like the sky....sorry u lost some editing opts with the jpeg image. db