Lest We Forget

I like the mono image best. Selective color seems to suggest a bright and cheerful image, appropriate for weddings and such. Not what I would use for this image.

I like the mono image best. Selective color seems to suggest a bright and cheerful image, appropriate for weddings and such. Not what I would use for this image.

Interesting, I don't get a cheerful feel from the red wreaths I get a more mournful feel from the red. Just seems to me that the little splash of colour gives it more of an impact.

I see them both so differently. #1 is solumn and mournful and very strong. I also like #2because the red says to me we can never forget, but we also must go on with life (and hopefully learn a few lessons along the way). So for me, I like them both, just different!

Again... Thanks for the input guys... Don't think i've attracted so much discussion before. :smile:

I do like them both which is why i kept both versions but my own personal favourite if i had to choose one would be #2 but it would be a tough decision to make. Normally i think selective colour would indeed be best used with another subject but i think in cases like this the highlighting of the poppy / poppies highlights the sacrifices people made so we can sit here right now on forums such as this.

This particular war memorial is in my local park about 10 minutes walk from home and has been a subject i've used in the past. It never does any harm to reflect on those these memorials are there for.... Especially as this time i noticed that there's someone on it who shares the surname of a friend of mine who also lives in the area... Something i'd not noticed in my previous visits.

Cheers

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom