Lest We Forget....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow, Wally, great processing! Love that sky and your shallow DOF really allows the banner to be crisp and sharp against it. Beautiful!

I'm feeling like your images have just graduated to another level, Wally. You are just getting better and better!

And no, I will not forget.

"Quote"
ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.
In 1917, the word ANZAC meant someone who fought at Gallipoli and later it came to mean any Australian or New Zealander who fought or served in the First World War.
During the Second World War, Anzac Day became a day on which the lives of all Australians lost in war time were remembered.
The spirit of ANZAC recognises the qualities of courage, mateship and sacrifice which were demonstrated at the Gallipoli landing.

A fitting tribute to all the vets Wally! Exceptional shot & Processing!
Thank you Steve, it's a day here in Oz that we remember the fallen Anzac's, all the Aussie diggers and all the vets that gave the ultimate for us to have our freedom...

Wow, Wally, great processing! Love that sky and your shallow DOF really allows the banner to be crisp and sharp against it. Beautiful!
I'm feeling like your images have just graduated to another level, Wally. You are just getting better and better!
And no, I will not forget.
Hey thanks Doug, very much appreciated as I just try to find better ways to do the same thing...
I'm glad to hear that you won't forget...

Nice image Wally -as usual from you!!
For the Americans, here's a little bit of Anzac history from where I am:
http://www.google.co.nz/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=anzac+day+tinui&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=ApGmTcvJPMrmrAfi9JTkCQ

and:
In 1916, the Rev Basil Ashcroft held the first Anzac Day commemoration in the Tinui church, before leading villagers to the top of Mt Maunsell, or Tinui Taipo as it is known locally, to erect a permanent memorial.

That cross became the first Anzac memorial in New Zealand and stood on the hilltop for nearly 50 years before an aluminium cross replaced it in 1965. Forty-eight people from the village died in the two world wars.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom