Let's see some old GRAVES !!!

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Nik Zinoviev, Sep 26, 2008.

1. We all have to admit, that old cemeteries draw our attention. There's something powerful and mysterious about them!

Show us your pictures of the old tombstones, graves, cemeteries !

Here is the first one:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  2. Dez, the last one is very impressive - the dark graves with the lights of the modern city !(NY) in the background - really cool man. Next time I come to NY I will try to get to this point. Can you give the location of this spot on googlemaps? Are you allowed there without any restriсtions in the evening?

3. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Hi Dez, is there any place in the 5 boroughs that you haven't shot yet?:biggrin:

Assume this is the cemetry on Laurel Blvd - I see it all the time going to the airport, but haven't gotten around to go there and shoot.

I agree with Nik, the last one is terrific.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  4. 17393244_3GXSu-L.
    Old Jewish cemetery - Prague

5. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    great shots all
    I prefer to visit in less than nice weather

after fresh fallen snow
    [​IMG]

or better yet, foggy days
    p83645988-4.

p169957927-4.

[​IMG]

6. I recently posted some of these in the Miscellany section, but maybe worth adding here

An old grave in Greenland:
    369144752_scPFv-XL.

It looks like a pile of rocks on top of the permafrost, but peek between the stones and you find...:eek: :
    369144310_tNeEz-XL.

Here is one on Baffin Island in Canada, anybody home?:
    371534382_E4TDC-XL.

Not in that one, but nearby another one...
    371534269_AybnV-XL.

Bob & Nan

7. something about graveyards... I have a hard time in them
    here is one I have

[​IMG]

8. I have posted this in the past, but it fits here. I love this shot but seem to be in the minority on that.

77505463_w7mTW-XL-4.

9. Pet cemetery at Polesdon Lacey, UK

2470982859_beab8b07a5_o.

Leeds castle, (kent) UK.

2433288243_2e4133bd2c_o.

10. Frank, simply great work, especially I love that first one with everything in BW and the door in ice-blue! Very creative! As if the door is inviting you to enter the underground world. Wow!

11. Man this is really impressive! It would be very interesting to know who these poor fellows were... The guy with a rifle picking inside the grave - cool stuff!

12. Matt, love your shot - very artistic - excellent colors, composition and play with a DOF!

13. Pet cemetery - this is something! Royal cats and dogs graveyard! :biggrin:

14. I think the key success factor is finding an intresting angle and typically it requires getting low to the ground :eek: 

15. OK, guys here another one from me, taken in New Zealand this spring:

[​IMG]

And I know this one is not exactly about graves...... but those who walk out of them at night.... So sorry for going a little away from the main subject of the thread, but I could not resist :) 

[​IMG]

16. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    thanks Nik
    love the 2nd shot above

what/where is that from ?

17. Universal Studios, Florida. I went there with a friend and my 9-year old daughter... we did both Disney and Universal 4 theme parks in a week ... in that particular one I was scared more then my daughter :smile:

18. excellent post processing.

19. Thanks. It was at Laurel Hill Blvd and 54th Avenue, I think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.