Let's See Those Business Cards

Come on people ... I've been trying to come up with an idea for a business card for over a month now. I need inspiration. Post your card up here for all to see. (I promise, I won't steal anything, I'm just need to see some creativity to get my own [read: "my artistic wife's"] creative juices flowing.

I have 3 but this is the only one I had on Photobucket. This was a rough draft. The new version has my web addy and different email. The other 2 cards are different pictures. One is vertical and the other is the same layout.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I have three I use, and even though I do graphic work and design work, I decided simpler is better for my own cards, I give the cards out based upon where and what I am doing, and a guess on which folks would like most, If out shooting eagles and birds, I give the eagle, generally I give the Maple shot, in a gallery or around other photogs I might give the BW shot.

I give out actual miniwallets on photo paper, metallic, or matte if BW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine, steal what you may :smile:

I've seen some lately printed as 4 x 6 photo.
I like the idea, plenty of room to display two or three shots.
I'm working on it now.
Photos and Company name are on the front.
Address, phone, web site, are on the back side.

D

DW Brewer

I also posted this in the Birds and Animals forum (with an explanation):

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
I change the picture every once in a while and print these out on Epson double sided matte stock.

B

BigPixel

Nothing special here really, in fact I need to redesign this thing. I also change images every time I print cards.

Re a good source for printing cheap, try www.VistaPrint.com

and PLEASE don't go to my URL! I'm redesigning the site as we speak and there are only 2 images up right now.

You're looking for a logo to put on there? Lots of design inspiration here:

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/
Actually .. my logo I have (thanks to my wife) .... I'm more interested in card layout really. Do I put just my logo on the front and my contact info on the back? Do I include half a picture? Two-tone the card?

I orginally wanted an image on one side and my info on the other, but my wife really didn't like that idea. We're going back and forth and we're both just looking for design ideas. She created my logo and I love it (putting the final touches on it now actually) ... just need to get the rest of the card set now.

I know we've got more people ... let's see 'em!!

Bill

I have 8 different cards, all of critters. Some have printing on the back (but those are in Japanese on back, English on front for doing business in Japan). Here's my latest card. I've had my cards printed at www.sharpdots.com I use InDesign CS2 to lay out the card, and submit the file in CYMK as a pdf file.

I've had great experience with www.overnightprints.com for my band management and also church staff cards - pricing and print quality seem to be well. I've only done graphic based cards and nothing involving a photograph but I'm sure they'd do great on those as well. Eventually I'll need to make a card for photography, I suppose. =]

I have two I use for my websites:

I print them on photo paper and cut them with a cutter. I guess that would get old if you need a lot of them but it does make them look great. I think photo cards are a must for photography business but others would be better with just a good logo and nicely printed card.

There were several long threads on FM in the Sports & Pro Digital sections on photo business cards. Most of the sports guys used Overnightprints. Go to their website and a download the CS2 template for business cards.

I just recently ordered some thru Mpix Press. They are photo business cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom