Let's See Your Business Card!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShadowForce, Sep 14, 2008.

1. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    I need to create a business card and I'd love to see examples of what you've done. Give me some inspiration! :smile:

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
  3. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    Thanks Wade. I too really like the Japanese Maple shot. I think one of my biggest hurdles is trying to decide what color font goes best with the background, etc. Are their any "rules" I should follow? Do you know of any graphic design books that would help me?

Thanks!

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    At Work One of my staff uses a book by Carter I think on buisness cards, a google may show the book, It is tattered and torn from a lot of student use.

5. Friend of mine years ago used a Kodachrome slide somehow. I don't recall what the dimensions were or how exactly it was presented but it was pretty unique

6. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    I just had a simple/plain buisness card made up at Kinko's, but would like to make up something more eyecatching. Where do you all generally have your cards printed? There are a few printing places here in town - what about online?

7. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    I use White House Custom Color http://www.whcc.com for all my online printing needs. They do an outstanding job.

8. I use overnightprints.com.

Front

Back

The front is glossy and the back is matte so I can write my number down for the people I want to give it to.

9. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    I really like your card Jen - very creative - thanks for the link!

Thanks for the link Bob.

I am going to check them both out. Did you just do the file yourself and send them a .jpg?

10. I used VistaPrint to create this business card with one of my own photographs in the background:

p809559969.

Glenn

11. Thanks! Yep, I created the card on PS and uploaded it to the website for a preview. After a few tweaks, I ordered them. They're very nice quality. Good luck! :) 

12. Like Glenn, I use VistaPrint. I really like the quality so far.

marksad1copy.

13. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    ok... I have been working on a business card - something simple. I shoot dog events - agility mostly, but am thinking of doing some obedience and maybe pet portraits. I have not had this printed yet. I always worry that the text will be too small to read, but then look at the collection of business cards that I have and it seems like people fit so much stuff on to a business card!

[​IMG]

14. Here's mine, I ordered from Overnight Prints and they are great!
    The white font/text may not show up well on teh screen version, but the final printed versions the white text is a perfect match (in my eyes) for the background.

2389152664_c4447612a0.

15. I use different images for different subjects. This is my horse show card:

[​IMG]

For wildlife, I replace the equestrian with a bald eagle. For weddings, I have a wedding cake that is my logo, etc.

16. Here's mine

pauldunlopbizcard.

17. I use small wallets as my card
    Wade[/quote]

Wade...
    of what are you referring here, please?

thanks

18. Here's my current card:

cardfronts.

cardbacks.

I'm working on a new version now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.