Let's See Your Business Card!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShadowForce, Sep 14, 2008.

1. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    I need to create a business card and I'd love to see examples of what you've done. Give me some inspiration! :smile:

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
  3. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    Thanks Wade. I too really like the Japanese Maple shot. I think one of my biggest hurdles is trying to decide what color font goes best with the background, etc. Are their any "rules" I should follow? Do you know of any graphic design books that would help me?

Thanks!

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    At Work One of my staff uses a book by Carter I think on buisness cards, a google may show the book, It is tattered and torn from a lot of student use.

5. Friend of mine years ago used a Kodachrome slide somehow. I don't recall what the dimensions were or how exactly it was presented but it was pretty unique

6. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    I just had a simple/plain buisness card made up at Kinko's, but would like to make up something more eyecatching. Where do you all generally have your cards printed? There are a few printing places here in town - what about online?

7. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    I use White House Custom Color http://www.whcc.com for all my online printing needs. They do an outstanding job.

8. I use overnightprints.com.

Front

Back

The front is glossy and the back is matte so I can write my number down for the people I want to give it to.

9. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    I really like your card Jen - very creative - thanks for the link!

Thanks for the link Bob.

I am going to check them both out. Did you just do the file yourself and send them a .jpg?

10. I used VistaPrint to create this business card with one of my own photographs in the background:

p809559969.jpg

Glenn

11. Thanks! Yep, I created the card on PS and uploaded it to the website for a preview. After a few tweaks, I ordered them. They're very nice quality. Good luck! :)

12. Like Glenn, I use VistaPrint. I really like the quality so far.

marksad1copy.jpg

13. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    ok... I have been working on a business card - something simple. I shoot dog events - agility mostly, but am thinking of doing some obedience and maybe pet portraits. I have not had this printed yet. I always worry that the text will be too small to read, but then look at the collection of business cards that I have and it seems like people fit so much stuff on to a business card!

[​IMG]

14. Here's mine, I ordered from Overnight Prints and they are great!
    The white font/text may not show up well on teh screen version, but the final printed versions the white text is a perfect match (in my eyes) for the background.

2389152664_c4447612a0.jpg

15. I use different images for different subjects. This is my horse show card:

[​IMG]

For wildlife, I replace the equestrian with a bald eagle. For weddings, I have a wedding cake that is my logo, etc.

16. Here's mine

pauldunlopbizcard.gif

17. I use small wallets as my card
    Wade[/quote]

Wade...
    of what are you referring here, please?

thanks

18. Here's my current card:

cardfronts.jpg

cardbacks.jpg

I'm working on a new version now.