lets see your camera phone skills

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joyseeker, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Joyseeker

Joyseeker Guest

yes.... lets see them. Newbie D40 man here..... says lets see them D-SLR skills nikon ladies and gents. hehe :biggrin:

here is a july '07 pic of 'Shrewsbury General Hospital' from my nokia n95. Shrewsbury in Shropshire (old name Salop) UK...... its the lowest density population for a land locked county in the UK.

[​IMG]

behind me is the old hospital across the road.

[​IMG]

the collected images are also from the n95.

what may shock is the old hospital was an american WWII hospital never used in anger (like 3 others i know) ..... goosh, you yanks did over prepare for D-day..... and thanks, this war hospital lasted 50 years.

i have not done a photoshop on them images..... great sky eh?

now over to you..... can i call you peers?

2. Joyseeker

Joyseeker Guest

bump

really.... no cam pics out there?

3. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    I normally only think of camera phones to capture moments of drunken people at parties and silly things on the road never for actual photo taking.

4. Thats all going to change very soon with
    the introduction of 8mp camera phones.
    You will even be able to add filters!

5. Joyseeker

Joyseeker Guest

you got the bad impression by looking at the link on my signiture right? :confused:

6. Two here

original.

original.

7. Joyseeker

Joyseeker Guest

its amazing how the n95 picks out the blue sky when its there.

8. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Y'know, I have a camera phone. I think. But I've never even figured out how to take a pic with it.

9. Same here. And I really have no desire to learn. I didn't even want a camera in my phone, but they offered a good deal waaaaaaay back then...

10. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Still never gonna be a good thing for me i like having everything separate. I would rather carry around 20 different things then one that does all of them badly.

11. Ugh, I have a camera phone. It takes pictures so bad they're not even suitable for turning into icons! (seriously.)

12. Joyseeker

Joyseeker Guest

the n95 was there for this shot.

[​IMG]

great thing about camera phones are they are there! but also they are not imposing and thus you get co-operation ..... the aston uptop has just parked infront of a biker zone.... right nexted to my borrowed car. :Smart:

13. Joyseeker

Joyseeker Guest

and the other thing.... (n95 again).

with a phone you are in there no fuss no bother.

[​IMG]

a james bond fan would know the car and the guns...... but an aston fan would know the hallowed ground that pic was taken (the building on the right is the clue).

14. Here's one of my youngest son taken with my Nokia 5300 phone.

Image011.

Not a great photo but i did not have to lug my D2H around.

15. Well, I haven't figured out how to attach either of my Nikons to my Nokia! Sorry can't contribute on this one!:tongue::biggrin:

16. Joyseeker

Joyseeker Guest

that nokia n95 got me into trouble

the earliest i been after a 'go in peace' i saw something i hadn't seen locally before and took a pic...... and that resulted a couple of hours later me posting this letter to my local supermarket.

[​IMG]

i go on.

[​IMG]

i await the response.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  17. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Well.....here's what I do with mine....Its old and not especially good. Just fine by me!!

Pinch.

Pallet.

and

AnnaNicole2.

18. What about us that dont have cell phones?:biggrin:

BTW rather have reception and battery life than have phones with cameras, mp3 players, internet or expresso machines built into them. Just amke a phone that you can actually USE as a phone. Friends new camera phone lasts a whopping 20 min when he's talking on it before it does the batt low beep.

19. I really would like one with an expresso machine built in - can go without camera, mp3 and internet :biggrin:

20. Joyseeker

Joyseeker Guest

and here is the response..... i've been banned :smile:

[​IMG]

and all because of this....

[​IMG]