Letters From Felix... need a favor

My twin grandchildren are going to start a unit on geography in April. This unit is based on the book “Letters from Felix.” This book is about a rabbit that gets lost in an airport. The rabbit travels around the world and sends letters back to the little girl who lost him. This book is a great way to teach kindergartners about geography and other cultures.

If you have a moment, could you PM me with a brief (a couple of sentences will suffice, more if you are feeling especially denotative) description of where you live and what you think is remarkable about your home. Also, if you have one easily at hand, a picture that is representative of your homeland or that you think would spark a kindergartner's imagination.)

Thanks in advance. And, mods, if this is considered an inappropriate post, please delete.

This is why I love this place. In just a few hours I have a bunch of generous "virtual postcards" for the grandkids. Thanks, many thanks to all who have contributed.

It's the least I could do considering all the help you've given me recently, not the least of which is your participation in the Drinking Support Team.

How about a photo of the twins?
Here ya' go. A recent backyard portrait of the twins.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's the whole crew, Audrey, Elliot and their big brother, Zachary.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
My name is Lewis Lorton and I live in the Borough of Manhattan in New York City. I think this is the most exciting city in the entire world and I never get tired of seeing new things. I live only 5 blocks from the Empire State Building and 7 blocks from the United Nations buildings. I spend a lot of time just walking around or riding the many subways.
My granddaughter lived in Brooklyn, which is also part of New York City and I see her at least once a week. Usually I take the subway train that goes under the East River to Brooklyn.
I like taking pictures of people; here is a picture of a young woman helping her grandmother to go shopping in Chinatown. And another picture of some of the very tall buildings.

Adorable children. The second photo might be the only time I've enjoyed a portrait photo with the eyes closed. Absolutely precious!
I agree. Audrey was channeling her imperious "Princess" persona and the boys played along (a rare occurrence for which I am grateful). You have to work fast with kids. It doesn't take long for them to get bored of being stalked by the mad photographer.

My name is Lewis Lorton and I live in the Borough of Manhattan in New York City. I think this is the most exciting city in the entire world and I never get tired of seeing new things. I live only 5 blocks from the Empire State Building and 7 blocks from the United Nations buildings. I spend a lot of time just walking around or riding the many subways.
My granddaughter lived in Brooklyn, which is also part of New York City and I see her at least once a week. Usually I take the subway train that goes under the East River to Brooklyn.
I like taking pictures of people; here is a picture of a young woman helping her grandmother to go shopping in Chinatown. And another picture of some of the very tall buildings.

View attachment 1634832 View attachment 1634833
Thanks, Lew. This is great. I'll be collecting all the responses into a single document and then converting to a pdf and printing it for the twin's class. I spent many years of my road-warrior working life in Manhattan and vicinity. My wife's late sister used to live there with her kids. I still have a niece who lives in NJ.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
I meant to include this image which might be of more interest to your grandchildren than adults and buildings.
July 4 parade

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom